Bronco Reveal

And also to note, I’m clearly not the guy to buy a $40-50k new vehicle and beat it, I have shit boxes for that. But I could certainly see someone in the next year or two get a wrecked Bho, a wrecked 7.3...put them together for $20-25k. Then take the same $20-25k you’d pay in OEM upgrade package(s)...and invest it in better aftermarket/swap parts and have one helluva DD/weekend warrior.

Ok...I have to say it.
Those hood corners, while cool in theory for throwback sake are ugly.

They are a miss as well for me.

Its also funny how old is new again...vinyl seats and vinyl floors are an UPGRADE (read cost more) than heated cloth seats and carpeted floor....its like the 60s all over again

IFS= Off road fail, they just dont hold up or keep up with solid axles

Someone needs to tell Jason Scherer and Shannon Campbell that....

I'd bet less than 5% of wrangler owners ever do anything that needs a solid front axle. Probably more like 1-2%
Ford did the smart thing, make it ride better, appeal to the masses, not the the less than 5%
People on this site are not the target market for the Bronco (for the most part) or even the new JL. Most of us prefer to offroad clapped out older vehicles that it doesn't matter if we roll them or destroy them, they didn't cost us more than 40K.

IFS= Off road fail, they just dont hold up or keep up with solid axles
yeah, I mean, an IFS rig would never win a serious endurance off road race or anything.

Chevrolet-Blazer-Trail-Boss-rendering-001-1024x683.jpg

GM needs to bring back a full size k5

I was looking for any internet hits on a Godzilla 7.3 swap already. Couldn’t find anything current, but did find some hypothetical threads when the Bronco was becoming real and the 7.3 had been announced back in Q419. With some hood mods, sounds like it could be possible. At first I thought the weight would be ridiculous, but the Bronco isn’t that far off dimensionally from 90’s half tons...and guys were 460 swapping those.

There's some speed shop with connections to Ford working on Fox Body swap kits. They have a few videos on YouTube going through the 7.3 and it looks nutty on the inside. It's like an LS had sex with a Cleveland and gave birth to a big displacement small block.

Back on topic........ IFS will be fine for a majority of the end users of this thing. For the uses they were targeting the only area It's not best in is rock crawling. Plus just look at this

Screenshot_20200714-112712_Instagram.jpg

Pure fawking tits

Does no one else think it looks more like a scout than a bronco? Side profile is uncanny.

This had me rolling. Brought up the first time @josh$$ was messing with me calling a EB a Scout. Went back and forth a few times before I figured out he was screwing with me.

View attachment 322074

GM needs to bring back a full size k5

I don't think the full size blazer would do well. It would need to be on the same size scale as the wrangler or bronco and have a removable top/doors. I think that's what killed the FJ cruiser...that and the economy.

I watched a few videos on this, I am very intrigued by being able to add packages to any trim level....i.e. a base model with the sasquatch package.

This has always been the problem with newer vehicles for me, to get the piece I want (most often a manual trans.) I have to pass on everything else or pay an extra $25k in options to put it all together.

If the price is right for a base 7 speed and a squatch package, I might buy my first ever Ford......(threw up in my mouth a bit).

The proof will be in the pudding, let's see how much they screw up what they have promised between now and showroom delivery.

Also.....Ford.....if you are listening, 7.3l + 7 speed manual = me as a buyer!

Talking about a whole different league of IFS, not what is on that bronco
I dont know dude....I cant find anything definitive of what they are running...but the raptor front end is pretty dang tough....and its Ford Factory from same plant...

Also.....Ford.....if you are listening, 7.3l + 7 speed manual = me as a buyer!
Never happen. Wont hold up. And it would be a wheel spinning fun fest

No doubt it will bring in part of the market share, far as usefull as a trail rig, probably about the same as a tacoma.
Looks cool, and will get you really good at replacing cv shafts.

Base, 7-speed, squatch package.... not happy about the exhaust note (no v8 party tone).

It does remind me of the early Scouts...not a bad thing.

The ultra4 reference to a comparison is the dumbest ever. Most the u4 ifs rigs run an offset or rear mounted engine so they can have equal length a-arms. Cycle 18+ inches but, they arent cast factory lower control arms. Curious to know what front diff they used. I’m sorry I can’t even take people serious that are referring to some bad ass IFS setup trying to compare it to some production shit. Mainly Bc I know raptor owners that replace all that shit when they started going hard in it.

Loren Healy/Von Gittin Jr have that RTR Ranger, same platform, that was on 40s in Moab. It’s got a shit ton of money in it and pulls 15” of travel up front and 18” out back. And it’s not a triangulated 4 link rear.

I think it looks good and has some cool ass features. However, I can’t wait to see the first cocky ass bronco owner try a line some a JL or gladiator owner takes and it flops hard on its side. We all know it’s gonna happen. I enjoy seeing it FJ guys struggling hard on trails a stock rubi laughs at now add more wheelbase. But won’t kill the side windows.

Link to ranger mentioned above, it’s pretty bad ass. 2020 Ford Ranger RTR Fun-Runner | DrivingLine

Back