Bronco Reveal

So that's just adding the Sasquatch to the base engine model that offers a manual...so will we see a manual with the bigger engine??! I don't need 35s and lockers....but I want a manual.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wanna know how I know who the boomers are :flipoff2: I cAn OuTsHiFt MaGiC gEaRbOx. I r OnE wItH tHe CaR.
Report to the supercar thread.

This is about the offroad oriented Bronco.

No one cares about 0-60 times to the tenths.

Or did I miss where they are going to put the $30k dual clutch trans in the new Bronco?

Report to the supercar thread.

This is about the offroad oriented Bronco.

No one cares about 0-60 times to the tenths.

Or did I miss where they are going to put the $30k dual clutch trans in the new Bronco?

Exactly my point...i don’t want a manual offroad, and it’s not a sports car.

This actually throws a real wrench in it for me... I wheel both automatics and manuals, and mostly prefer a manual, but they're going to be some pretty good tricks in the goat mode programming (Trail Turn Assist being the most interesting to me) That you just can't do without the automatic.. But that ultra low crawl ratio is now something that you can really get that you couldn't before.... That's going to make deciding a lot harder then when you just couldn't really get the ultra low ratio...

Exactly my point...i don’t want a manual offroad, and it’s not a sports car.
Well it looks like alot of people do, enough to convince a billion dollar enterprise to build it.
Myself included.

Don't worry, they'll sell you an automatic.

Well it looks like alot of people do, enough to convince a billion dollar enterprise to build it.
Myself included.

Don't worry, they'll sell you an automatic.

And thusly we come full circle

Wanna know how I know who the boomers are :flipoff2: I cAn OuTsHiFt MaGiC gEaRbOx. I r OnE wItH tHe CaR.

I don’t blame a billion dollar company capitalizing on demand a single bit.

And thusly we come full circle

I don’t blame a billion dollar company capitalizing on demand a single bit.
Full circle of what? They already offered the automatic. This is them listening to customers, not all 'boomers'. So what you don't want a manual?
Not sure why you quoted yourself? Or you just wanted to point out that you wasted far too much time typing with upper and lower case letters.

I wheel a manual and prefer it. Point and shoot rigs can be driven by monkeys with zero skill.
I happen to enjoy being a monkey with zero skill, thank you very much.

Full circle of what? They already offered the automatic. This is them listening to customers, not all 'boomers'. So what you don't want a manual?
Not sure why you quoted yourself? Or you just wanted to point out that you wasted far too much time typing with upper and lower case letters.

Apparently found someone’s trigger button. Please fill out and report back.

119BAB7B-3993-4A67-9F73-74A6688769C1.jpeg

Haha.

I'm happy about all the Bronco news.

Just curious why someone would hate on the manual when it has no bearing on them, since an auto was already offered.

Nowhere did I hate...even admitted it was a smart business decision by Ford. You prefer a manual, cool...awesome...I owe you a gold star, or maybe even a cookie. However, lets get real for a second, how many of these pre-orders do you actually think are going to lay out the cash when their number is called? Then, how many of these non-monkey's that have true, unbridled, blue twisted steel, testosterone driven driving skills, are going to have the balls to take a $35k+ rig on a trail to beat the shit out of it. My assumption is, that will be a rather small number of what's actually purchased. So now, what you have are a bunch of mall crawler/soccer dad mobiles with manuals. Cool, you have a lower first gear, you're not crawling...and I doubt you bought the Bronco for towing. So my preference is to not have a manual offroad, the dad mobiles with manuals aren't going to be outperforming the autos on the street anyway. Hence the boomer comment, nostalgia of 4spds being king is great and all...but at this point, choosing a manual over an auto is merely founded on liking to hold hard shafts in your hand :double flip:

Last edited:
How y'all steering, shifting gears, and holding your beer all at the same time? Way easier with an automatic.
Aw, you think they steer.
That's precious.

Nowhere did I hate...even admitted it was a smart business decision by Ford. You prefer a manual, cool...awesome...I owe you a gold star, or maybe even a cookie. However, lets get real for a second, how many of these pre-orders do you actually think are going to lay out the cash when their number is called? Then, how many of these non-monkey's that have true, unbridled, blue twisted steel, testosterone driven driving skills, are going to have the balls to take a $35k+ rig on a trail to beat the shit out of it. My assumption is, that will be a rather small number of what's actually purchased. So now, what you have are a bunch of mall crawler/soccer dad mobiles with manuals. Cool, you have a lower first gear, you're not crawling...and I doubt you bought the Bronco for towing. So my preference is to not have a manual offroad, the dad mobiles with manuals aren't going to be outperforming the autos on the street anyway. Hence the boomer comment, nostalgia of 4spds being king is great and all...but at this point, choosing a manual over an auto is merely founded on liking to hold hard shafts in your hand :double flip:

I go back to what I said early on. I enjoy driving a straight drive. I even prefer it in a sports car/toy.
And maybe its cause I just aint cool enough, but Ive never - not once - found myself in an offroad situation where I said "If only I had a manual Id have made that"...and conversely ve been in several tricky spots trying to do the 3 pedal shuffle and going...fawk wish I could just hokd the brake while I power out...

I've been told since I started driving 17years ago that I would get tired of shifting gears in a couple years. Everybody said " I used to like driving a stick too but then I got older and tired of it". Well I'm nowhere near tired of it and actually hate driving autos. Something about not shifting gears makes driving miserable for me.

5 of our 6 vehicles are manuals. I know I'm part of a small group and life ain't fair but it really sucks when vehicle shopping. It is now impossible to find a vehicle that fits my needs in a manual. So far my wife and I both like the new Bronco and hopefully when we see/drive one it will be able to fit our needs.

WTF...still happy.

BTW...my Father is a "boomer" (give you a dollar to call him that to his face - I love cheap entertainment) & prefers automatics.

P.S. - there was mention of cookies? Yes, please.

Back