Bourbon

Check out Early Times. $29 on the shelf. Solid pour.

20240405_204218.jpg

Picked these up today. Drinking the End of Watch with Diet DR Pepper. Didn’t like it on the rocks.

View attachment 416244
Coopers craft BiB is good ….and at least according to one BrownForeman employee is the same juice as JD Sinatra Select…I’ve had both side by side and they taste very very similar

Coopers craft BiB is good ….and at least according to one BrownForeman employee is the same juice as JD Sinatra Select…I’ve had both side by side and they taste very very similar
Coopers is one I drink often. The End Of Watch was worth buying to support the cause. Just didn’t have a lot of flavor to me.

I’m just busting balls…but the good part is I know if I show up at Ben’s place….hed pour me a heavy of anything in the cabinet ….and that goes both ways… hell for me that goes for any of us in this thread.

Liquor is meant to be enjoyed and shared not collected

I’m just busting balls…but the good part is I know if I show up at Ben’s place….hed pour me a heavy of anything in the cabinet ….and that goes both ways… hell for me that goes for any of us in this thread.

Absolutely…was actually looking for someone to backfill an opening for the bourbon tasting. They had the full Weller pallet.

IMG_8704.jpeg
IMG_8716.jpeg

Coopers is great. Full of flavor and $30. I just got one the other day after not having had it for awhile. Forgot how much I like it.
I'll drink Coopers but there is something at the end, that I haven't been able to put my finger on as far as taste. A bit off but the second pour and beyond I don't taste it as much. Picked these two up at MSRP, in SC.20240420_142756.jpg

Same here. Wish some of yall were closer. Need some more drinking buddies. Basement is open if you’re in town.

I don’t know how y’all drink anything other than coffe worm or hot. If it’s not cold or chilled I’m out.

Stopped in a new (to me) store for a look around.

Didn’t see much - and was headed out. Owner said - “You rike Bourbon? You want the rare eagle?” And walked into a back room behind the counter before I could answer.

I currently have an ER and an unopened back up. Wasn’t looking for another….but I was contemplating on buying just so he might offer something next time…and ER is always a favorite gift. As he walks out he say “My new friend yours for only $109”

I was about to laugh and yeet on out the door when emerged and held this beauty up.

$109 was a deal

View attachment 414715View attachment 414716
This story has a cool albeit weird sequel.

Today I was passing thru the same small town where I got the eagle rare handle and stopped in to see if anything new was hanging around and planned to buy at least a cheap bottle to keep the conversation flowing with the store owner in hopes of a honey hole.

As soon as I walked in the door the small Asian man said 'My good friend! Glad to see the rare eagle was not a dragon that conquer you.'

'I have some good bottle for you today - just come in last week and I save - hold on'

And off to the back cave he scurried

Reminder last month was the first time Ive ever been in this store or seen this man....surely he sees tons of people per day yet he remembered me.

Comes out with a box and sets it on the counter and pulls out the following 3 bottles

IMG_9639.jpeg

'Would you rike any of these?'

I am a sucker for Stagg and didnt even ask the price.
'Man I'd love to have that Stagg.'

He looked disappointed. 'Only that one - not the other 2?'

I assumed there would be a limit 1 here.....

'Can I buy all 3?'

'I don not know if you can - how many cash you have'

Ok here is the hook....here comes the crazy prices...

'How much you want for all 3?'

'For my friend? $300 for all 3'

Ok that's a deal I'll take all 3. I reach into the honey hole and pull out 3 crisp benjamins...
He hands me back $50 ' 'For cash I charge less'

I'm dumbfounded but happy.

Now here is the weird part...
'They just came in last week'

Both the Stagg and Parkers are 2022 bottles.
And the OF is a a private barrel for 7 guys collective....which google says is a Chicago based bourbon club.

But these were less than MSRP - much less secondary. I'm intrigued but honestly a tad scared to go back in this store...I think I'm being setup to be drugged and have my kidneys stolen...

Today I was passing thru the same small town where I got the eagle rare handle and stopped in to see if anything new was hanging around and planned to buy at least a cheap bottle to keep the conversation flowing with the store owner in hopes of a honey hole.

As soon as I walked in the door the small Asian man said 'My good friend! Glad to see the rare eagle was not a dragon that conquer you.'

'I have some good bottle for you today - just come in last week and I save - hold on'

Reminder last month was the first time Ive ever been in this store or seen this man....surely he sees tons of people per day yet he remembered me.

Comes out with a box and sets it on the counter and pulls out the following 3 bottles

View attachment 416425

'Can I buy all 3?'

Ok that's a deal I'll take all 3. I reach into the honey hole and pull out 3 crisp benjamins...

And the OF is a a private barrel for 7 guys collective....which google says is a Chicago based bourbon club.

But these were less than MSRP - much less secondary. I'm intrigued but honestly a tad scared to go back in this store...I think I'm being setup to be drugged and have my kidneys stolen...
Just wow

View attachment 416425

'Can I buy all 3?'

I’ll give you $400 😂🤣

View attachment 416425

'Can I buy all 3?'

Aparentry he ruv you rong time

Definitely overpaid for these tonight at the Dragonfly House gala…but the cause was definitely worth it…

View attachment 416256View attachment 416257

The eagles have landed…and the local abc had the old Louisville, and I’m pretty stoked to try it…wish it was one of their offerings aged longer though…

IMG_8835.jpeg

Back