Boondocking!

Your Hot Dog Guy!

This is the word you are looking for when you want "Primitive campsites" or camping on the cheap. Google "Boondocking" and a whole world of camping on the cheap comes up. Free camping on BLM land is also popular for up to 14 days at little or no charge.

Many websites, books, blogs, and forums about the subject. Quartsite, Arizona is the boondocking capital every fall and winter with tens of thousands of campers every year for over forty years.

I have physically been to several in Utah and Wyoming. Some of these are on the Colorado River. I have been doing a lot of research on this in the past few years. I have one source that even tells if these campsites have Verizon signals on BLM land.

Not there yet, Dad had a bad car wreck Wensday before Christmas, wife is down with Bronchitis and a funeral of a long time friend's mother. We're still in WS. We will be local(600 miles) for a while, July we're headed out for S.D. and then to Pueblo, Co.

This is the word you are looking for when you want "Primitive campsites" or camping on the cheap. Google "Boondocking" and a whole world of camping on the cheap comes up.
Wait, people actually pay to camp?? WTH?? Aside from ORV parks, I've never in my life paid a dime to camp.

We can camp for 10-11 days with no connections. I have setup our rig for boondocking. AGM battery's with more reserve amps,interoir lights are LED,over the air antenna for TV and inverter power with solar panel. Not too bad for all the comforts of home with no bills except Verizon. This is a 5yrs. in the making plan. We have several friends that have been doing this for years that have gave us pointers. I have several pins on Google Earth that will be visited with views that are like a post card and free.

Sometimes there is a small fee if there is potable water available and a dump station.

I have recently discovered this new slang as well while googling. I'm planning a solo camping trip (with my dog) to Uwharrie in April and can't wait. 3 days out in the woods with no cell phone, no laptop, no work, no schedule, no other people to please. It's all I can think about and can't wait! I've been reading about other peoples similar trips they have wrote about and it has me wanting to write about mine and taking pictures and posting it on here afterwards. I don't know how many people on here would actually read my short story but i always enjoy telling stories and figure someone will enjoy it!

Sounds good.

Back