Blower Motor Problem 86 CJ7

KEITHRS67

I have a CJ7 86 model with the computer control removed. At this time I can not get the blower motor to operate I have checked the switch, fuse, resistor and wiring. All seems to check fine with the dmm. On the back of the blower motor ( in the engine compartment) there is a spade terminal with out anything connected to it, when I run 12v to it from the battery the blower motor will then run, but is not affected by the blower switch. What am I missing or overlooking and what is suppose to be connected to this terminal?
Thanks for any insight and help,
Keith

I would think the power routed through the switch hits that terminal and the different positions on the switch send different amounts of current to the motor to change the speed. Just a guess. Your Jeep is 14 years newer than mine.

If it's the stock blower, don't even bother with it. you might as well leave it unplugged. But for about $20 and an Afternoon of fun you can put in a Chevy blower motor and really move some air! Search "chevy blower motor upgrade and you'll ind the info you need. Just a "While you're at it" kinda note.

Back