Big Dogs Icebreaker 2008

Hobart

Has anyone ever been to the www.Bigdogsoffroad.com events in Winchester VA. I have been for the past two years..the event is held on private land opened to Big Dogs a few times a year. Basically you get there on Friday set up camp... start the fire and through back some beers. They have night runs, give aways and all kinds of ther other stuff. Long drive from Raleigh but worth it.

Did Icebreaker the last 2 years. Not gonna make it this year. Will likely try to hit one of John's events later in the year. 6.5 hours from Chapel Hill.

Did Icebreaker the last 2 years. Not gonna make it this year. Will likely try to hit one of John's events later in the year. 6.5 hours from Chapel Hill.

Question for ya...two years ago I met a couple from the Raleigh area at Big Dogs...they were in our group and they broke a control arm and had there jeep sticking straight up in the air resting on the spare tire...is that you. I have a great picture of it.

they were in our group and they broke a control arm and had there jeep sticking straight up in the air resting on the spare tire...is that you.

What is a control arm? :) That's all kinds of new fangled stuff ain't it? All my Jeeps have leaf springs. And fortunately the only thing I've broken at Big Dogs is my winch cable.

6.5 hours from Chapel Hill.
:confused: Travis (tw89yj) and myself made it to the June event last year from Charlotte in 7.5hrs as I recall. We did tend to hammer down and stop as little as possible though:D
I really liked that place even though we both broke pretty majorly early. Killer trails, good people and great party's. I hope to make it back up sometime this year once I get my junk done.

Back