Best place to tent camp at ure?

bignick

Fastest fat guy on two wheels....
Thinking of camping Saturday with my son (4) at ure on Saturday night. Seeing whats the best place to plan for.

If you want power and running water, camp at Arrowhead. If you want to be in the trails, I think at the top of Daniel would be really cool.

Have a 3 and 6 and we take them camping all the time in URE started on the trail now in arrowhead , camp ground in my opinion is much better for the kids, bath house, restrooms, and other kids to play with!

I know this is too late but there is a horse trail by the boat ramp in URE that if you follow it it will take you to a really nice spot on the water.
bout a mile hike but really nice view. headed there friday.

+1 for the top of Daniel. Nice sun rise view.
How safe is it to leave a tow rig and trailer at the parking lot over night?

My favorite was the top of Kodak, now it's the UROTC since its so close to the outpost. It's quietish and never have to worry about idiots.

Should be fine

I left a Chevy van and an ATV trailer and my brother left a Ford F-150 and an ATV trailer overnight in Dutch John parking lot with no problems last year.

I guess the double parking lot would be safer than the trail head at Daniel. I just don't want to come back and find my stuff missing or stolen.

Back