Best 2.5" lift for a highway-queen CJ-7?

CJKevin1984

Title says it all. If I do any off-roading it will be very mild. Looking for a decent ride (I know, it will still be a CJ) with fewest possible complications.

My stock suspension is sagging and I have swapped to a 360 from a 258, so my front travel is less than 3 inches at the moment. I would even consider a 4 inch lift but I then 2.5 is enough.

You're going to want soft flexy springs and good shocks. I did a lot of reasearch almost 20 years ago, ended up with skyjacker softride 4" springs and 4x rancho 5000s. At the time skyjacker offered soft ride and something else (HD maybe). Some of the kits offered different rates depending on hardtop or not. You'll want the softer non-hardtop kit. At the time, everyone was loving on the OME kits, but the price was too high for my taste.
Then when it comes to shocks, a stiff shock can ruin the best ride. Another thing to consider is the shackle. I had some aftermarket stock height shackles with poly bushings. Don't overtorque these bolts, or the springs won't flex like they need to.
I used to get a lot of compliments on how my CJ rode on the street.

I like my BDS system. I have the 4", but i'm pretty sure they have a 2.5". - Maybe a SRS system too? i'm going to probably head to that soon to improve ride.....
Good luck!

Back