Bender Suggestions

TheGeneral

My shop is painfully lacking a good tubing bender. Ive got acces to a bunch of elctrical conduit benders but I want to start doing some decent tubing work and those benders arnt going to cut it. Whats a good make and model bender to start out with? Prefferably one thats not super expensive.

jd2 is a good inexpensive unit. I bought one about 6 months ago and got my cage finished in a few days. One die and bender will run about $600

i have the basic pro tools bender.. and like it a lot... been doing all my tube work with.. and i have several friends in the holding pattern waiting on me to get my junk done.. i dont have a complaint about it.. next winter i am going to convert it to hydro myself... instead of buying the kit.. i got the bender, degree ring, stand, and one die set for $800... but i dont use the degree ring much.. and the stand you can fab..
bendersmall.JPG

x2 on the Pro-Tools HD105 model.......put hydro on it myself and my bender has built MANY, MANY cages and buggies..............and its still kickin....:huggy:

That sounds like a really good deal. I read most of the posts on pirate about it and it sounds like it might be worth a try. There was talk of the same guy offering a full hydro version of that bender for six hundred bucks. If that ever becomes a reality I will definatly be considering it.

jeepgod, you'll find you use that degree ring much more once you hydro. I never used mine until I hydro'ed the bender.

Back