Belt sander

R Q

I need a belt sander for a wood project. What's the best hand held unit for a weekend project guy like me? I don't like junk but an inexpensive tool is ok as long as it gets the job done.

Harbor freight.

That's pretty much exactly what harbor freight tools are good for.

Wal mart has their Hyoer Tough brand. I bought a couple different tools to use on the rv so I dont have to worry about them getting put back on the van for real work.
They are cheap, but if they die, I just take them back and exchange for another.

I bought one from HF, just cause I never had one! Most I've used it on, is sharpening mower blades. It's really not too good for that, but I try. The belt Does stay straight, on it, & it has a small dust collection bag. My Biggest gripe about HF electric tools, are the Hard ass electric cords! They don't Flex:(

I bought the porter cable belt sander from home depot a few years back, I can't remember exactly why I bought it (specs wise). I seem remember popular mechanics had a comparison test and this fit the bill for what I wanted to pay.
Lots of weight, probably the only Porter Cable tool I own that isn't 50+ years old. Gets the job done really well, a bit more power than the average home gamer unit.

Find out Which 3x21 Portable Belt Sander Comes out on Top in This Belt Sander Review

Last edited:
Back