Bed designs

Quarry Trash

second shot at building a nice yj
I am going to build a bed for my 1983 ford f150 short bed. I don't want to do the run of the mill flat bed. Thinking about integrating a roll bar and maybe some flat style fenders. Anyone got any ideas, Or pictures i can borrow ideas from?

Add 2x4 stake pockets to that flat bed and make wooden fences for it incase you ever want to contain something while hauling it. Have a buddy with a Chevy like that and it's pretty nice.

Thanks guys. but thats almost to plain for what i want. It's gonna be on a designitated trail / mud truck so it'll never haul anything but tools, parts, and tires. I want it to look almost like a truggy bed.

Something similar to this maybe?
ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c128_jetprwler_132_3264_IMG.jpg

96 taco thats exactly what i want. That looks sweet. I wonder how one would look on a full size ford on 44's. Is that a home built job? That looks awesome. thanks man

Thanks Sgt. I like the way you have the floor. I drop in tool box would be the finishing touch for that. Did you build it directly off the frame or bolt it on?

96 taco thats exactly what i want. That looks sweet. I wonder how one would look on a full size ford on 44's. Is that a home built job? That looks awesome. thanks man
Justin of Unbreakablefab built it for another guy. I bought it from him. I`m working on a wood floor and sides.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Flatbedtoy what is that your lights are inclosed in? Maybe steel pipe? 96taco it would be really easy to throw expanded metal in to make a floor and sides and it would cut alot of weight instead of using wood. just an idea. Thanks again guys.

It had expanded metal in it but I wanted something a little more "enclosed" to keep mud/dirt from coming through.
Believe it or not , the bed is light as hell. I can tell a lot of difference driving down the road between the stock bed and this thing. Chose wood because I wanted to give it a nostalgic look.

Thats cool. Well guys thanks for all the ideas i'm actually gonna start on it this weekend if everything goes as planned. once again thanks for the ideas.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Flatbedtoy what is that your lights are inclosed in? Maybe steel pipe? 96taco it would be really easy to throw expanded metal in to make a floor and sides and it would cut alot of weight instead of using wood. just an idea. Thanks again guys.

4" steel tubeing. I'm tired of busting tail lights. :lol:

I appreciate it. I need all the luck i can get. :lol: I came up with a rough idea of the bed. It's gonna have a roll bar similar to96 taco, the floor and fenders are gonna be very similar to sgtbriangreen's bed,and I'm gonna in close my lights something similar to flatbedtoy's bed. I thanks you all for your advice and input when i get it built I'll post up some pictures. Thanks one again to all of you.

Back