Beadlocks

justjeepin86

So....how well do the good beadlocks, like Racelines. run on the road? My jeep will be more of a driver than a wheeler, but I still don't want to deal with junk in the beads on aired down tires. Ultimately, that's what I want, but if they don't do well, I will go with regular rims.

I've run AEV beadlocks on the road for years on my TJ. One of them is bent as well. No issues.

I do use centramatic balancers in place of fluid or balance beads.

I ran a variety of DIY style for a few years. They were OK I guess. 15x8 basic steel wheels.
I also ran a set of 17x9 Racelines with unbalanced 42" Iroks on my last rig. Night and day difference.
The aftermarket beadlocks are well worth every penny.

I've run crappy ones and H1's. I just want some aluminum ones. I guess the consensus is that they are good. That's good to hear, other than the expense!

So....how well do the good beadlocks, like Racelines. run on the road? My jeep will be more of a driver than a wheeler, but I still don't want to deal with junk in the beads on aired down tires. Ultimately, that's what I want, but if they don't do well, I will go with regular rims.

Remember... only a handful of beadlocks are DOT approved for highway use. Just an FYI because LEO might care and ticket you.

I've ran Racelines on 40s, 43s and 39s and now Dirty Life Beadlocks on 42 Treps. No issues with either of them on a combo of tires
Driven my Ranger on sticky 43s 45 mph multiple times with no vibes from the tires/wheels.
Name brand aluminum BL will be just fine.

No issues on my pile with bias 40 LTBs and racelines with Counteract beads tossed in. I did use a couple more ounces than they called for in each tire, 12oz each.

I am running Method aluminum beadlocks and they are "ok" at 70mph. Probably the tires. Has anyone had a set balanced? Is it possible?

I have welded up 2 sets of steelies with beadlock rings. Both sets seal and balanced well. One set of 35s and one set of 37s. The 37s are on a friends daily driver.
Yes, the 37's are on my JK. TMI weld on's with 17" steel soft 8 wheels. They balanced up just fine and I drive it regularly. Shawn did a heck of a job on the welds. No leaks and they work great.

I have recentered H1s with Goodyear takeoffs with 9oz of airsoft beads. I get vibes above 50mph. I plan to upgrade to name brand aluminum beadlocks eventually.

I have recentered H1 double headlocks with PVC inserts and 39.5s, never drove my Jeep above 45ish so cant comment on that, but they are extremely heavy. I really want some aluminum bead locks but just can’t spring for the money right now.

I’ve thought about some aluminum simulator style wheels with internal beadlocks, since the wheels are $150ish and the internals only $130. But then I’m not far off from the real deal, so I’d need to run across a used set of aluminum wheels. But then I also need rock rings to stiffen the wheel up. So I’m back just needing to pay the coin for the real deal.

Dang this hobby...

Back