Bacon wrapped honey glazed tenderloin...

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Is on the grill now.

asanlee.smugmug.com_photos_i_Lnbbv6H_0_L_i_Lnbbv6H_L.jpg

asanlee.smugmug.com_photos_i_k3zRBg3_0_L_i_k3zRBg3_L.jpg

5 Minute rest....then dinnertime!!!!!!!!!!!!

asanlee.smugmug.com_photos_i_8JPkftH_0_L_i_8JPkftH_L.jpg

I'm not a fan of bacon wrapping. I find that either the bacon can't cook long enough, or the bacon gets done at the expense of the tenderloin.

Next time, marinade the tenderloin, bathe both sides in vegetable oil, then put the tenderloin directly on a hot grill. Cook for about fifteen minutes, flipping every couple of minutes. It will look like charred, dry, ruined shit when it comes off. Do not despair. Pour the marinade back over it, and wrap it tightly and immediately in two layers of foil and let it rest for twelve minutes.

Full Recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe.htmldv

I'm not a fan of bacon wrapping. I find that either the bacon can't cook long enough, or the bacon gets done at the expense of the tenderloin.

Next time, marinade the tenderloin, bathe both sides in vegetable oil, then put the tenderloin directly on a hot grill. Cook for about fifteen minutes, flipping every couple of minutes. It will look like charred, dry, ruined shit when it comes off. Do not despair. Pour the marinade back over it, and wrap it tightly and immediately in two layers of foil and let it rest for twelve minutes.

Full Recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe.htmldv
Yep.
Been there,done that.
Magnifico!
Bobby Flay has some badass recipes on that site also.

True.

I do stuff like this on my Holland grill. More like an oven than a grill. Holds just shy of 350*. Bacon was cooked real good on top, was less done but still cooked on the parts that were underneath (and sitting in the juice in the pan bottom).

I seared the tenderloin first in a hot pan to brown it (in olive oil), then wrapped in bacon, basted with honey, then grilled until 165 internal, basting with the juices about every 10 minutes.

I LOVE bacon wrapped tenderloins and back straps! Deer that is. I killed six last season so I've been eating well:D Rarely throw a pork loin on the grill, usually just gets thrown in the crock pot.

I have just recently been gifted a Holland grill myself.

Having a ton of fun with this thing! Pics look good man.

Back