ATVs with driveshafts..

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
I'm working on a project and am looking for an ATV that uses driveshafts front and rear. Many use them for the front but what about the rear???

Also, it would be ideal if these also had an automatic transmission as well.

Anyone that's familiar with ATVs know if ones that are automatic and that have driveshafts front and rear?

Rancher es will give you shafts and electric shift....

My eiger 400 has both shafts but manual

Stay away from honda electric shift, the plastic gears will strip and the electic components will get wet and both will need replacing. Stick with manual or automatic trans. I have a 2010 Rancher 420 ES, this has been an expensive lesson.

Ok so any ATVs with auto trans? Kind of like a normal automotive auto trans? I don't really care how it functions mechanically so long as the user interface is similar to an automotive auto trans

Yamahas with IRS will have what you're looking for. Personally, I'd love to use a Grizzly 700 setup to build a fun little rig. It'd be fuel injected too!

The above statement is correct. The Rincon 680s had an automotive style automatic in them, not sure what other Hondas used them, but I know those did.

The honda hydro trans that is there full auto dose not do good with over sized tires other then that it's great

I want to stay away from cvt.

So looks like Honda has a full auto, maybe Polaris?
Pretty sure all auto Polaris & yamaha/kawi are cvt. Can't speak for suzuki or others

CVT would be OK if it's all that is out there but would like to steer away if possible.

As for the Honda hydro trans durability... What if it's connected to a low range transfer case?

And, since it will be connected to a transfer case, what I'm looking for doesn't necessarily need to be a 4x4 transmission.

I think the rancher es would be ok i know you just have to use alot of dialectic greese in the wires why not a manuel with auto clutch like a regular honda it's just hard to beat that dependability

So the thread has slightly shifted topic...

Found an Atctic Cat 400cc with an auto CVT trans with reverse.

Anyone know anything about those setups? Seems to be a 2000 or 2001 year

Manuals are more difficult for kids to shift.

It's not a deal breaker but not the 1st choice.
What about a cable hand shifter to the factory foot shifter. Then they could just bump forward or back for the gears.

Our you could use an air shifter or linear actuator to shift it (possibly even with a remote).

Most kids that I have seen don't need to switch gears if they aren't capable to understand it.

Everything will be hand actuated except the throttle and brake.

Just trying to keep it simple and easy for the kids. I even like an automatic when wheeling. ;)

Back