ATV trails in Wake or Durham county?

equus06

I see some much older threads asking the same question. But I'm wondering, do any of those places still exist? Are there any new ones? Any locations to ride an hour or less from the Wake/Durham county lines on 98? My husband is wanting to get back into ATVs or maybe get a sxs, but it seems like there is nowhere legal to ride in the Wake Forest/Durham/Raleigh area. We thought riding was legal in the state land near our house when we bought it, but no dice. And, he doesn't really want to drive 2-3 hours to ride on a regular basis. I can't say that I blame him. That sucks all the fun out of it. Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

I’m also in WF and actually decided against a trail bike/ATV/SXS as there aren’t many public areas to ride. I’m not in a position (yet) to buy my mountain property, so that’s not an option either.

You may find some places to ride up towards Henderson (45mins or less), towards Hollister (60mins) or along 85 towards VA (60-90mins). I see OHVs coming down Capital all the time from that direction.

Edit to add - you always have URE but that’s further away.

I’m also in WF and actually decided against a trail bike/ATV/SXS as there aren’t many public areas to ride. I’m not in a position (yet) to buy my mountain property, so that’s not an option either.

You may find some places to ride up towards Henderson (45mins or less), towards Hollister (60mins) or along 85 towards VA (60-90mins). I see OHVs coming down Capital all the time from that direction.

Edit to add - you always have URE but that’s further away.

They are probably coming from ncmp

We have DeepCreek ATV park in Linden, not sure if thats close enough for you.
If you get a SXS with plates you can drive where ever a truck can. Including game lands (where normal traffic is allowed)

Interesting. I didn’t know that about the SXS with plates. Thanks for the info! Linden is about the same distance as Busch Beach. Doable, but probably not all the time based on his face ☹️

Back