Atlas yokes

Agree i do on 1310 joints

index.jpg

Any chance your driveshaft is bottoming out? I'm no expert, but those look like breaks from axial loading (straight up the shaft).

No I took them to Olivers drive shaft and they measured everything and built the shafts no bottoming out of drive line. I did have one break when I had the shafts out of phase but other than that the rest have been from straight up beatdowns

Any chance you can get a shop to machine you a yoke instead of using cast stuff?
Excuse me sir, you have left your box and are thinking. That is not allowed. :p

I have a guy supposed to EDM me some yokes if I get some for him to go off of. I had some new ones made for the carrier bearing where the body of the yoke isn't cut down so I am going to have a couple of those made as well as some standard ones for the atlas

I am thinking spicer yokes are forged but not 100% and I haven't broken one those yet. So until I get the others made I think all my spicer stuff will hold me till then

I am thinking spicer yokes are forged but not 100% and I haven't broken one those yet. So until I get the others made I think all my spicer stuff will hold me till then
I'm pretty sure they are all cast, but the quality of the casting and design on the Spicer one looks better than the Atlas one. You could machine the taper off the Spicer one and put a spacer in there to make up the gap if the Spicer ones are holding up better. But a flange is probably your best bet.

Well Shane broke one in the same way this weekend so now I do not feel so bad breaking them and I am pretty sure his is 1350 and only have a couple rides on them so I don't think the 1350 is any stronger.

I forget where or when I first stumbled upon their website, but there's soooo much information. Haven't seen many things they don't have a yoke or flange to fit! That's how I figured out I could run a regular 14 bolt yoke on my AAM 11.5 :D I liked that they were forged too...not that I'm worried about breaking a yoke, but the quality is much better than a cast yoke. They ship pretty quick too.

I do not know many people that have broken as many 1410 yokes as I have but here is a little advice on a atlas yoke. Do not ever put a plain spicer yoke back onto a atlas with out the taper portion on it below is what your atlas will look like. Now it is not like I didn't give atlas yokes a chance but after breaking 4 of them I was getting tired of it. Now after switching to the spicer that stopped but as you can see not good on the tcase. View attachment 168951View attachment 168952 View attachment 168954 View attachment 168953

Learned that the hard way this weekend.

I ended up turning a spacer and welding it to my existing flange that didn’t have the tapper.

My case has been running the flat yoke for a bit, and it “clearanced” itself. I need to open it and probably rebuild it now.

Just wanted to bring this back up for people to know. Don’t make the same mistake I and @Landcruzn did.

CDF081CE-6166-4BAC-B431-D6C2EEC7ACD2.jpeg

Back