Asshat new neighbors

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
New neighbors with roaming pets.

One pit, one chow, one husky. Not afraid of any of them. We have two mixed rescues all male and all parts if you get my meaning.
Already reached out and welcomed them to the neighborhood. Already warned them that my dogs stay in an electric fence and theirs should stay home and do likewise. Also made them aware of coyotes.

Clasic responce....we moved here so they could have more room. Well, my property is where they are going to roam.

What's my legal rights? I'm not going to drag out the extended welcome wagon on this issue.

I don't like my first impression anyhow.

Ironic...the first guy to reply is the one who can provide the best solution!

OK OK not advocating doing anything to the neighbors dog...but it IS an option! :smokin:

AAC_Ti_RANT_9s_Suppressor_3__56231.1431750465.jpg

Rural, no offense to anyone in city limits but I would never end up like that willingly. He litterally has at least 5 acres. His house is on the upper end. I know his dogs are just currious at this point.
But dogs and the nature of them is a pecking order. Mine are king on our hill and I intend it to stay that way.
We are also going to raise some beef in the future. We also are getting another full blooded German Sheppard. So I don't want future problems.

On another note, I don't have any special toy permits. But plenty long range boom sticks...most way over kill for this situation. Be rather obvious.

1st offense, take dogs to local (no kill) animal shelter, with tags.

2nd offense, take dogs to local (no kill) animal shelter, without tags.

3rd offense, take dogs to animal shelter in the next county over, without tags.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

First time for the dogs on the property would get me talking to the neighbors. Second time would be call animal control.

Pretty sure its legal to kill any animal that is bothering livestock or "profit" animals. If you are getting beef cows, dogs in the pasture can run them to death and then your out quite a bit of money and they kill chickens/ducks pretty easily.

That being said, my two labs run about when we let them out. They run to the woods between our neighbors, do their business and then run around the yard for a bit. They are very friendly and play often with our neighbor's jack russell and don't bother anyone.

If those dogs are going after your dogs, Shoot them on sight. You have legal right to protect your own & property.

A bb/pellet gun will solve this. Shoot them the first few times you see them on your property and they'll stop coming around.

or maybe a paint ball gun.

A bb/pellet gun will solve this. Shoot them the first few times you see them on your property and they'll stop coming around.
or maybe a paint ball gun.

^^^That's what I do. I'm actually in city limits. My dog is never outside unattended, unless I have a fence, I haven't put a fence up yet...but my dog never leaves the yard. My neighborhood is 'dog friendly'...so there are dogs roaming all the time. I'm not really a fan of that, so I stick with the airsoft for now. They're coming around with less frequency. I love dogs, I just don't want yours...nor do I trust yours.

Think your doing right by talking to him right away. With 5 acres his should have plenty of room to get exercise.
My neighbors (not the liberal asshat one) have two pits and they make me nervous when they are out running loose. They are really nice to humans but I trust them zero when it comes to my dogs and my 19month old. That's one reason I built my fence, keeps the baby in and out of the road and undesirables out. Is there a way you could partially fence your yard in? Maybe force his dogs to walk a busy road to get back onto your property. I'd keep communicating to him that you don't want his animals on your property and do some research on any county ordinances they my violate by trespassing.
I know a guy that did the " dog pound two counties over" thing. It'll work but if they are trashy neighbors they might just adopt more strays to bother you.
If all else fails I have a few of those boom stick mufflers, hell if they come over put your dogs up and break out a 12 gauge for some spontaneous back porch target practice on some beer cans. When they see their dogs hallin ass back home and a bunch of shooting they'll get the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like a lot of the answer depends on whether they are a danger to your family, dogs or livestock. If they aren't hurting anything and your dogs establish territory and pecking order, that seems like it will basically work itself out. On the other hand, there is the advice my dad gave me about keeping chickens. "Sometimes you have to "plant" a few dogs around to warn the others and solve the problem."

fireworks. my neighbor got a new cat and let it roam always was in my front window when i came home for lunch. i started carrying some fire crackers after the third or forth time it got the picture. and now gives my house a wide birth. it also got the cops called on me but he said i was legal and as long as i was just using the flash and bang to scare it i was alright. but i also wouldn't think twice to shoot a neighbors dog if it acted aggressive towards me or my animals. my dog stays in my yard 98% of the time the others its playing with the neighbors kids but its only after they got to know the dog and realize he wasn't going to hurt them.

Donkey yes( future pasture plans), pellet gun not enough reach, paintball gun same, fire works I like my dogs too, and @rockcity.
That's pretty messed up. So moving to the country throws respecting property boundaries and being responsible for pets, children, or yourself out the window.

I've never not lived anywhere and not respected property boundaries.

All our animals are taken in strays. We are respectable and responsible. I expect my neighbors to do the same.
City or Country shit ain't roaming in my yard.
They know I don't agree. They are well aware of the roaming. Next they will know i am serious.

pellet gun not enough reach, paintball gun same,

I've been known to utilize these (or some variant/caliber) a time or two, too...

Our Specially formulated 22 Hornet Rifle Rubber Composite Bullets are second to none in true flight performance.

For when you don't want to kill it, but want them in your yard for the last time.

.22 subs sonic. Aim at the rear flank. Wont kill them. They'll get the message.

I wouldn't shoot them with anything more than a bb/pellet/airsoft/paintball gun unless I intended to kill them. I see that those don't have the range you need, just saying.

Back