ARB air leak test

This is why you make the big bucks šŸ‘Œ

Ever had to replace the clutch gear in one?

20230502_191730.jpg

20230502_191425.jpg

20230502_192815.jpg

I went ahead and replaced the seal housing and orings while I was in there. I'm not a gear person so pretty proud of myself for not screwing this up šŸ¤£.

Ever had to replace the clutch gear in one?

Someone is crash-locking this thing.
Come to a complete stop as much as possible before turning it on.

Or air pressure isn't good enough to keep it engaged. I've turned the pressure on ARBs a lot higher than factory, with good success. Tip from Shannon Campbell himself. Makes a satisfying "klong" sound at engagement.

Someone is crash-locking this thing.
Come to a complete stop as much as possible before turning it on.

Or air pressure isn't good enough to keep it engaged. I've turned the pressure on ARBs a lot higher than factory, with good success. Tip from Shannon Campbell himself. Makes a satisfying "klong" sound at engagement.
February 2022 at Gulches I was having difficulty on a trial that I shouldn't have. Guy in front of me yelled back the rear wasn't locked. Wheeled the rest of the day with it working intermittently.

Went to Harlan that April and wheeled the crap out of it with front only working. Later in 22, front quit working. I diagnosed failing pressure switch was cycling at 65-80 instead of 70-100. I installed a 90-120 switch and front was back to working but rear would lock up if turning one way and click like a lock rite when turning the other way.

That clutch gear worn on one side was exactly what I expected to find and relieved that's what it was.

I expect at some point on the Gulches 2022 ride the pressure dropped while the V8 was singing and bad things happened, then it just continued to get worse.

Back