Anyone using Inner Air Lock Beadlocks?

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
A friend mentioned these to me :

http://www.innerairlock.com

and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

I was 99% set on a set of stauns.. but just curious if anyone has used these and if so how do they work?

Never seen those,

But have you thought of this, Link

Cliff Notes, He put a low profile tire inside of his tire with a tube in it to keep it inflated, Works like a stran

If its trail only would be to bad

ai189.photobucket.com_albums_z148_draggbody_P1010117.jpg

ai189.photobucket.com_albums_z148_draggbody_P1010116.jpg

Mounted

ai189.photobucket.com_albums_z148_draggbody_P1010133.jpg

Looks like a exact copy of the stauns to me. I run stauns and have nothing bad to say about them, they do what they were made to.

I've heard of better results from the innerairlocks versus the stauns.

I was set on stauns too, but I like the fact that with the inner airlocks you can pick up the tube anywhere if you happen to have a blow out. There were a couple of notable differences in favor of the IAL over the stauns I just have to see if I can dig them up.

to be honest I was sold on stauns.. and then I did some searching and read some very happy people with the inner air locks..

and I really do like that they are made in the USA ( that is just me )

I run them. I am super happy with them. I popped one bladder while i was installing them (metal shard) but other than that, they are excellent. Ive seen both them and stauns and honestly there appears to be no quality difference. They are identical, one is just orange and the other is black.

how the hell would you get the wheel in with that tire in the middle? do you use a larger diameter wheel for the inside tire so ur wheel would slide through it or what?

I've been thinking about Stauns alot lately, and Im glad I found this thread. I pushed a tire off of my wheel at 14psi while simply turning, so I need a good fix, and the Inner Air Lock is closer to my budget, but the old tire is right on my budget.

I've been thinking about Stauns alot lately, and Im glad I found this thread. I pushed a tire off of my wheel at 14psi while simply turning, so I need a good fix, and the Inner Air Lock is closer to my budget, but the old tire is right on my budget.

Be sure to read all the thread on the old tire, he had some issues he had to overcome

I've been thinking pretty hard about a set of Staun's for my Samurai. I got a quote on a set of Staun's from one of the vendors on the pbb board for $560 to my door. Those IAL's are a fair amount cheaper. Sounds good. I wonder if Staun has just been able to charge a slightly inflated price because they didn't have any competition until now.

Can you air up and down just as fast with the IAL's and Staun's? I thought the Staun's had a channel or some crap for the tire air to flow threw. I still drive my Samurai on the road some and want to be able to air up and down as normal.

I've heard of better results from the innerairlocks versus the stauns.

I was set on stauns too, but I like the fact that with the inner airlocks you can pick up the tube anywhere if you happen to have a blow out. There were a couple of notable differences in favor of the IAL over the stauns I just have to see if I can dig them up.

What have you heard? I am curious.

From the IAC site it mentions depending on rim shape you may have to air down the inner tube some before adjusting the tire pressure. Just the bag material seems like it would create enough of a gap that the air pressure would want to get out..

Maybe I can get a set of those cool looking street locks now.

I know this is an old thread, Thought I would add to it anyways instead of making a new one.
I just installed a set of innerairlocks and some rock rings.
Well more like "bling rings" They may help give the rim some strength but the one's I got was more for the looks. I might pay for that when I hit some rocks with them but O well.
Anyways I didn’t have any problems with the install at all.
Just make sure the edge of the rim is smooth. The tube is a bit snug and if your rim has a sharp edge the tube will pay the price.
I have only had them in for a day now so I have no real feed back on how they hold up.
I will however post up in here from time to time to letting you know how things are going.
Photos below
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/CrustysZR-2/INNERAIRLOCKS/DSC02931.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/CrustysZR-2/INNERAIRLOCKS/DSC02943.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/CrustysZR-2/INNERAIRLOCKS/DSC02948.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/CrustysZR-2/INNERAIRLOCKS/DSC02950.jpg

I've been researching options on the next rig and tire set up and came across this thread. What is the long term consensus on these? I noticed it was said that the tube can be gotten anywhere. What tube do they use?

I bought a set that needed tubes,I work at a tire shop an we couldn't get a correct tube. I busted small car tubes, motorcycle tubes, lawnmower tubes,(goes into Bubba Gump type rambling....).
I just ordered the correct tubes from Coyote Enterprises and never had any issues after that. My worst problem was getting dirt packed into the bead and causing the tire to leak but it wasn't bad. Honestly I loved my inner air locks. I was trying to narrow my buggy up so it would fit between the wheelwells of a new trailer i bought was the only reason I pulled them off. My only failure was a perfect hit of a pointed rock at the bead during a rollover which busted the inner tube.

Still running them and only issue I have had is one time got a stick stuck between rim and bead and it leaked down till I got rid of stick. Oh and they are a pain to install :)

Anyone have a part # for a replacement tube?

I've read multiple places about using an HD motorcycle tube but no #s.

I bought a set of stauns that need tubes. Trying to avoid spending $50/ea with coyote.

Or does anyone know the size of the tubes used?

Ok so I finally broke down the H2’s and Inner Air Locks I snagged from @Van-go Pretty sure someone Rtv’d the tube to the rim. Result is two destroyed tubes. I don’t remember seeing that mentioned. Is that standard?

Tubes are 140/90 - 15 M/C

306F3C36-BB53-4495-8F81-E60BF38EDFD7.jpeg
102FFB76-7C47-406C-B825-1D45A56D2188.jpeg
65F74298-86CF-4D0F-93E1-22CF723A414E.jpeg

Back