anyone ride a ktm 300?

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
Going to look at a 300mxc this weekend and wondered if anyone had any opinions on them? I pretty much ride only trails and from what I've read these are suppose to be one of the best bikes to get for trails. Anyone ride one?

Never owned one but I have rode a few and they are awsome the recluse clutch would make it even better but it's hard to beat there new 350 4 stroke that would be my choice if money was no option

A friend of mine has a KTM 300 4 stroke (not sure which model). Started having overheating problems on hot days on slow moving trails but he put a fan on the radiator and uses something like redline water wetter and has no problems now.

well sounds good to me, always like to see all positive comments haha. Hopefully after this weekend ill own one

I had a 2012 350 xcf and wouldn't go back to a 4 stroke after owning a 300. Power is smoothe and linear but enough to wheelie logs and obstacles. Its lighter than any 4 stroke you can buy and cost of ownership is A LOT less on a 2 stroke. My boss has an 07 300xc with close to 1500hrs on it. He changes his oil every 3 rides and rebuilds the topend every 500hrs.

It's not a 300, but got this 250exc straight up trade for my 05 kx250f I had for sale. These bikes are awesome, I doubt I ever ride anything but a 2-stroke ktm ever again
image.jpg

still have yet to ride at brushy, so id be up for that too

I've got a KTM300exc as my backup/spare bike ....love it. I've loaned it out to friends to ride who don't have a bike or are thinking off getting back into to riding, most of them went and bought one after a day on mine. The low end torque is awesome, my first string bike is a 03' KX500 I love it , but the ktm is a close second. Ride Brown or Brushy both awesome places to ride. Brushy has the best marked trail system of anywhere I've ever been...the 4x4 community could go there and take notes on how to mark trails.
2stroke is the way to go for dependabilty and longevity. Plus they just sound sooooo much better than a fart can 4stroke.

Back