anyone messed with the traxxas motor swap deal?

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
just found out about this recently and since i have a nitro sport just setting in the building with a blown motor figured i might do a 2.5 or 3.3 swap to get it running again. Just dont know how to go about the whole motor exchange thing or if its really worth the time

so you just take the old motor there then they deal with everything else as far as shipping and getting the new motor in?

oh gotcha now, thats pretty cool....have you ever did an upgrade to a 2.5 or 3.3 on something like a nitro sport?

how far back does this go? Ive got a Traxxas NitroVee that I never got running, I believe it was a faulty engine but I was too young to even be messing with nitro anyways. Boat is probably 10 years old or so.

from what their website says its a lifetime engine replacement plan, but dont know what all the details are for sure yet

I did the 2.5 to 2.5R swap at KC hobbies in Archdale, but it's been about 3-4 yrs ago. I just called ahead and told them what I wanted to do. I don't remember what the discount was but I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't a good deal. Their website is a bit screwed up right now, can't find any info.

Edit: Damn, just noticed this thread is a little old. Maybe it will help someone later on.

I just did the 2.5 to a 3.3 swap last week an love it.. I took my tmaxx to them an they did all the work an I have $110.00 n the swap!

Swapping us easy as pie. The only thing that you have to pay attention to is getting the mesh correct with the clutch and spur gear. I have swapped several motors into my savage. Started with the stock motor. Switched to a lrp 28, then a lrp 30, now I have a beast of a picco motor on it now.

I wouldn't waste the money on a "store" engine like the 3.3. I would get a picco or a good lrp engine. They take to modifications a lot better. They area little harder to tune and keep in tube but they are deff worth it.

Back