Anybody near Savannah GA and can buy a trailer for me?

jeepinmatt

..l.
Found something I "need", and it probably will be sold today, and I don't have 8 hrs today to go to Savannah...PM me if you're the guy that can help me out for a fee.

Found something I "need", and it probably will be sold today, and I don't have 8 hrs today to go to Savannah...PM me if you're the guy that can help me out for a fee.
So you want them to pay to help you out? :p

That kaufman isnt THAT good of a deal

That kaufman isnt THAT good of a deal

I mean, a $5500 trailer for $3500 seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Whats that weird line in the deck...

So sicne this clearly passed, lets get the skinny on what this major life-changing deal was

I own a trailer identical to that and I think it was around 4800 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 15k deluxe with steel deck is $5190 direct from Kaufman, so plus tax is about $5500.

Wanna sell yours for $3500?

The 15k deluxe with steel deck is $5190 direct from Kaufman, so plus tax is about $5500.

Wanna sell yours for $3500?

I glanced at ad and didn’t realize that one has 15k gvw, mine is 14k. Kaufman offers 3% discount if paying cash or check. And you are going to pay tax only when you register, new or used.

So that trailer from Kaufman would be $5034. It would cost you atleast $500 to go to Savannah and back to pick that one up, so you are closer to $4000 for the used trailer, assuming you pay asking price. My recent experiences tell me that trailer would not look like such a smoking deal once you get down there and see it firsthand. I’m thinking it will probably be in “fair to good” condition based on photo and the surroundings. And I’d expect it to need tires soon, or have mismatches, which could easily cost $600-800. Should you get there and decide not to buy it, you just lost a full day plus fuel. Personally, I’m not willing to risk that for $500-1000 potential savings when I can buy brand new and save myself time and potential stress, and maybe even money in the long run.

I glanced at ad and didn’t realize that one has 15k gvw, mine is 14k. Kaufman offers 3% discount if paying cash or check. And you are going to pay tax only when you register, new or used.

So that trailer from Kaufman would be $5034. It would cost you atleast $500 to go to Savannah and back to pick that one up, so you are closer to $4000 for the used trailer, assuming you pay asking price. My recent experiences tell me that trailer would not look like such a smoking deal once you get down there and see it firsthand. I’m thinking it will probably be in “fair to good” condition based on photo and the surroundings. And I’d expect it to need tires soon, or have mismatches, which could easily cost $600-800. Should you get there and decide not to buy it, you just lost a full day plus fuel. Personally, I’m not willing to risk that for $500-1000 potential savings when I can buy brand new and save myself time and potential stress, and maybe even money in the long run.

Plenty of valid points here. Also the same reasons why I didn't just jump in the truck and go get it and instead axed if anybody else was in the area. Yes there are a lot of unknowns thanks to the crappy picture and ad, but if the tires are good and the trailer is mechanically sound, I see it as a $1000+ savings, which is hard to find in the magical land of used trailers.

My only question is who is driving what that cost $500 to drive 530 miles? Someone needs to do some fuel economy type maintenance on the vehicle. Maybe even a new vehicle all together?!

My only question is who is driving what that cost $500 to drive 530 miles? Someone needs to do some fuel economy type maintenance on the vehicle. Maybe even a new vehicle all together?!
It probably isnt $500 but fuel cost is not quite half the cost of operating a vehicle. You can get all fancy with the calcs but in short.
Cost of vehicle when bought - amount sold for + every repair item ever spent on the vehicle + every maintenance item ever spent on the vehicle / miles driven + fuel cost will get you your hard costs.

I will wager you cant operate your truck for less than .60/mile and probably much closer to .80/mile. Ive got about 16 million fleet miles worth of data to prove it.

It probably isnt $500 but fuel cost is not quite half the cost of operating a vehicle. You can get all fancy with the calcs but in short.
Cost of vehicle when bought - amount sold for + every repair item ever spent on the vehicle + every maintenance item ever spent on the vehicle / miles driven + fuel cost will get you your hard costs.

I will wager you cant operate your truck for less than .60/mile and probably much closer to .80/mile. Ive got about 16 million fleet miles worth of data to prove it.
This is why the Fed uses $0.55 currently as the reimbursement rate for Personal Owned Vehicle. In a car w/ good gas mileage, or an older one where depreciation isn't so high, it doesn't cost that much, but thats the estimated average.

(and why used to love driving my old POS Mazda Protégé anywhere for work. Since I did my own maintenance and it wasn't losing value anymore, my actual cost was around $.15-$.20 / mile)

This is why the Fed uses $0.55 currently as the reimbursement rate for Personal Owned Vehicle. In a car w/ good gas mileage, or an older one where depreciation isn't so high, it doesn't cost that much, but thats the estimated average.

(and why used to love driving my old POS Mazda Protégé anywhere for work. Since I did my own maintenance and it wasn't losing value anymore, my actual cost was around $.15-$.20 / mile)
Only losing value doesnt factor in...for a business decision you have to calculate replacement cost. Otherwise its like saying "I already bought the gas so it doesnt cost anything"

WTF now I sound like Volunqueer-FB-guy...

This is why the Fed uses $0.55 currently as the reimbursement rate for Personal Owned Vehicle.

I believe it's 58 cents a mile now, but damn the difference. I know I get a decent check when I go to NJ or Maryland though!

Back