Anybody know about tractors?

lots of old guys pay way to much money for these tractors in this area. you can probably get 2k for it not running

Like said, to the right people those are worth a good bit of money. There are plenty of collectors that restore those things.

there are tractor enthusiast websites just like Jeep sites...
I found a lot of stuff when looking into my wife's grandfather's old 47 Ford tractor...the market is kinda funny - I saw some go really high for basket cases, and other running tractors not go for as much.
I'd suggest finding out as much as you can about that model, year, features, etc, and then hit up some of the tractor classified sites...
good luck...
then again, if you own land, a tractor is pretty darn handy to have around...

id say about $1200-$1500. Were selling a 51 model b john deere we just restored for $3500 or b/o. Just shows you people are tight with their money when it comes to tractors now-a-days.

Tractor Question

Farmall 140 was a great machine. It still is as a matter of fact. I know its real popular in the triad. Its funny how different regions run different equip. Out in western NC they usually rand the the old Ford 8N's and 9N's because their low center of gravity for working the hillside to reduce the risking of flipping over. That 4 CYL is a real work horse. They run real cool, even plow through 4ft high hay field.
Depending on the condition I would say $1500 to $2000. But I am no expert. Just market it in the right region. Also try to get some history on it. The people love to here it. When you figure out how much let me know. I know a few guys that deal just with the 140's

I'd say around $1500 if you can get it running. We buy and sell alot of equipment and the old tractors don't really bring much even the restored ones. At least at the sales I go to.

^ in this area a good running 140 will bring $5000, its ridiculous I know, but true

That's the ONE that many people still want and will use.
Some pressure washing and red paint will help your sale a LOT!
I know that in the early/mid '80's I would clean them up, paint them, and sell them all day long for $2500.00.
Of course they did run but they would sell as quick as we could find them and paint 'em.

Back