Anybody here play the banjo?

13bullets

Chris
Two and a half years ago I bought myself a banjo, last week I picked it up for about the 3rd time and decided the time was right to attempt to figure the damn thing out. Somebody help.

I dabble in playing but I am no instructor by any means. One thing I will say is it takes lots of practice and starting out you need to be practicing your rolls daily. Try to find a music shop in your area and ask about lessons.

I do, kinda. I don't mess with it regularly, but I dearly love what little bit I can play. I've also thought about picking up the harmonica....and mandolin...and dobro :D

I asked a guy who had played the banjo for over 30 years if he took lessons ...... "still do" he said.
Then ..." you never really learn how to play one"

Matt

I do... I don’t read music I went to playing by ear. Seems a lot easier for me. Look on YouTube at Casey Henry, or on the web. I buy her cds . She plays the songs then explains them. Like what finger goes where no reading of music. I took lessons for 2 years this seems a lot easier for me

I played for a few years, took lessons from a local bluegrass shop and enjoyed it. I had never played an instrument but learning to read tab is simple.
I recently switched to playing bass though and find it more fun for me.

I used to drive around for work practicing my harmonica (mostly Mary had a Little lamb and extra simple stuff like that). I've got two banjos somewhere around the house and haven't learned jack.

I see sitting in the shade and rolling through a few songs as something I'd like and enjoy but don't seem to be able to find the time to pick it up and start. Maybe one day...

Back