Anybody else for some Potato Soup?

Man, I miss potatoes. Maybe a version with all y'alls stuff but Cauliflower and beer and cheese? Need me a gal that wants to experiment...

I can confirm that cauliflower is a perfectly delicious substitute in broccoli cheese soup... Can't hurt to try!

1A16C931-8432-4A0B-B69C-318D44486F46.jpeg
647165CB-005A-46F1-9DCF-337D8193A7BA.jpeg

Thought today would be an ideal day for my first try at potato soup following @trailhugger 1/2 batch. recipe. The wife said she wouldn’t change a thing.

Made this for my family today. Everyone commented about the "heat" but everyone liked it. If you want chunks of potato make sure you make the chunks bigger than 1" or save some for after it is brewed. My son commented that he would like more bacon. I used 1lb.

Cold and rainy in the mountains.

Perfect excuse for another batch. Followed the recipe to the T but used organic bone broth stock instead of bouillon cubes. Added a little fresh ground sea salt and a bullion cup to richen up the broth a bit. Used 4 teaspoons of hot sauce...all different and nothing stronger than jalapeño based.

B8B79BE4-DA78-4BCE-BA8F-E8709A51AEBD.jpeg

This might not be a new recipe, but a friend makes a Spicy Potato that is pretty good. This is the recipe he gave me:

1 lb ground beef
4 cups potatoes
1 small onion
24oz tomato sauce
4 cups water
2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp pepper
1 tsp hot pepper sauce

Bring to a boil and simmer for 1hr.

I tried making potato soup in the instant pot a few weeks back and it did not measure up. Not inedible, but it turns out you cannot short-cut the Gutter Runner recipe. :lol:

I put the time into a batch today and it was awesome, as usual, with a little shredded cheddar on top and some cornbread.

Kids are growing, our leftovers didn't go as far as they used to. 😆

Fixing to chow down on the first batch of the year. Fixing a grilled ham and cheese to go with it and expect to be happy and over stuffed shortly.

Wife and I were talking about this Saturday . Thinking of trying cauliflower for a notato low carb variety

Wife and I were talking about this Saturday . Thinking of trying cauliflower for a notato low carb variety
I've subbed cauliflower for potatoes in broccoli cheese soup with success, so I think it'll work!

I've subbed cauliflower for potatoes in broccoli cheese soup with success, so I think it'll work!
Forgot to update the thread. Made faux-tato or no-tato soup Tuesday night and …honestly couldn’t rate the difference. If you’ve ever made the potato soup with the chunk cut too small that was exactly what this tastes like.

7/10 will do again

Back