Anybody else for some Potato Soup?

HT has red potatoes on sale this week, time to stock up!

Unless you like peeling potatoes, or have a teenager to punish, red-skinned is the way to go.

Fresh batch today! Seems like this post could go in the Food P0rn and What Beer Are You Drinking thread as well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445128516.938528.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445128547.536033.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445128560.353553.jpg

I made a batch last Saturday (my typical half of the original recipe) and it fed the five of us, plus friends (fam. of four) who came for dinner, including several trips back to the stove for seconds. I had two bowls of the leftovers for lunch on Monday, plus I froze enough for us to do it all again sometime.

I used smoked bacon this time and the flavor wasn't my favorite. I'll save that for Sunday mornings and stick to cured for the soup.

That's pretty close to the recipe I have cooked for years. I add a whole package of cream cheese for 1/2 of that recipe though. That would be about the only difference except I use ham instead of bacon. I am definitely going to use kale next time.

That's pretty close to the recipe I have cooked for years. I add a whole package of cream cheese for 1/2 of that recipe though. That would be about the only difference except I use ham instead of bacon. I am definitely going to use kale next time.
Who the hell are you, exactly?
I used to wheel with this homo gay dude that was @levellinebrad before he started gender reassignment therapy.
Is your plumbing redone now? Do you squat to pee?
Do you call yourself Martha Stewart?

Who the hell are you, exactly?
I used to wheel with this homo gay dude that was @levellinebrad before he started gender reassignment therapy.
Is your plumbing redone now? Do you squat to pee?
Do you call yourself Martha Stewart?
You still owe me a matambre!

My wife made a big ole Dutch oven pot of it tonight. Never had this kind before. It was a cream and cheese based style with bacon in it. I had 3 bowls. That shit was Good!

I've thought about it but just have been too busy. It's supposed to be in the 80s this week, anyway.

Back