Any old Caddi peeps here??

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
Ive been kinda lookin for a old Caddi for jake for a while.Ive ran on that appears to be super nice 66 and at what I feel is a good price.The deal on it is its a one owner for 50 year and has been garage kept its whole life.Its a southern car and dude says it has zero rust and 65000 orig miles.Int needs a lil love but the pics of the rest of it look good.So whats it worth??? I'm goin sat to look at it and if its as represented we're getting it for Jake as a grad present.
00000_1I6hjhi48pe_600x450.jpg
00D0D_f4kuFs3FCrV_600x450.jpg
00f0f_ghgBDFqgXai_600x450.jpg
00l0l_ijSlx0XeNub_600x450.jpg
00O0O_4UOOpYUCEAy_600x450.jpg
00u0u_jr8neTfzrsb_600x450.jpg
01010_a8yeGbjqIhi_600x450.jpg
01515_lS3G7VWsJz6_600x450.jpg

Buy it.

X2 on Buying it. With it just like it is, that thing is PIMP :huggy:. There's a guy in Raleigh that has one that is flat black, convertible, and its lowered....

That car is only going to go up in value.

I talked to the dude on the phone and he spoke good "southern" English and said he would hold on to it till Sat.As long as its as represented I'm gonna buy it.It seems like a steal to me @ $6500.

Last edited:
I had a 63 convertible in a little worse condition then that. I sold it about 6 years ago for $6500 found out later that 60's and up were not that desirable. I wouldn't pay crazy money for it... a quick search of sold 66 non convertible on eBay is nothing over 8k average is between 4k and $6500.

I would drive the ever-loving chit out of that Cadillac!!!

Sweet ride!!
X2 on Buying it. With it just like it is, that thing is PIMP :huggy:. There's a guy in Raleigh that has one that is flat black, convertible, and its lowered....

That car is only going to go up in value.
Yeah I'm thinking a set of 2 inch coils and a nice set of billet wheels.

I had a 63 convertible in a little worse condition then that. I sold it about 6 years ago for $6500 found out later that 60's and up were not that desirable. I wouldn't pay crazy money for it... a quick search of sold 66 non convertible on eBay is nothing over 8k average is between 4k and $6500.

Same...tried my hand at 60-70's Lincoln and Cadi restorations, from what I learned, you can drop $50k into one really quick and still only have a $10k car.

Yeah and this one has been on there twice,sold once for $7500 and relisted due to non paying bidder and didn't sell at $5300.Makin me wonder if somethins up w it.Heres the Ebay ad.
1966 Cadillac Fleetwood "60" Series | eBay
Pics are a little better and I can see the paint around the rear window and driverside front fender near the marker light look rough and I'm sure that's probably laquer paint.Looks like the might have buffed thru the paint on the decklid,next to the emblem too.

For me...that would be one of those deals where if you love it and plan on keeping it, who cares if you over pay by a grand or two. However, if it's a new toy that'll sit once the newness wears off or you plan on making money on it, pass.

For me...that would be one of those deals where if you love it and plan on keeping it, who cares if you over pay by a grand or two. However, if it's a new toy that'll sit once the newness wears off or you plan on making money on it, pass.
No its not money makin thing at all,its more something for me and jake to do together thatll be his.He'll have a pretty cool old car to enjoy and if wants to sell/trade for something else it'll be his to do so(as long as he's not getting burnt). I was goin to offer him $5500 but since he has passed on $5300 I doubt $200 more will change his mind,plus I'm gonna have to borrow a trailer,8 hours of driving,plus fuel,and somewhere to hide it till may 20th.Im gonna sleep on it.I've about talked myself out of it,but that's why I ask for opinions.

Anything under 10k it's almost instant profit if ever resold, value goes up more bc you'll only be second owner under 100k miles and you will never find that car that clean for that price again! Really depends on how it drives! Beautiful ride I'd like to drive that across country!

Didn't see posts ^^! drive it and that will tell the tale! Could be easy fix for nice car if there is a issue with it!

I would have swore that was the same one that was for sale around here over the last few years. There was a car lot owner that had one just like it. Really cool car.

I would have swore that was the same one that was for sale around here over the last few years. There was a car lot owner that had one just like it. Really cool car.
Could be.I did a google search for 1966 Fleetwood and it was the first to come up so that makes me wonder if it hasn't been around for a while.If youll look at the Ebay pics the top of the back seat looks like its has been sun bleached and that with the paint around the back window makes me think its sat outside for a long time. That's no real big deal but his whole thing is that its been garage kept.

Could be.I did a google search for 1966 Fleetwood and it was the first to come up so that makes me wonder if it hasn't been around for a while.If youll look at the Ebay pics the top of the back seat looks like its has been sun bleached and that with the paint around the back window makes me think its sat outside for a long time. That's no real big deal but his whole thing is that its been garage kept.
You know what though, the one here had red interior.

Let me be the first in the group to speak against it, not because the car is a bad deal. More because I would not put an 18 year old into it. I had a 66 Coupe DeVille, Same car, but 2 door.

These cars do not stop like newer vehicles, you need a runway. Comfortable as a marshmallow, but handle like one too.

If it hits something, it will destroy it.

I can't speak to Jake's maturity, but for a normal young adult, that vehicle would become "The" party vehicle for whatever circle they hang out in.

On other notes; Did he say why he took it off the road? And if there are rust bubbles around the rear window, That's a big concern, You'll know right away if it's been a problem though, because the trunk and interior will have a musty smell.. The lip around the window is tough to repair and get a window sealed back into...

All that said, I'd rock it :)

I don't have as much as experience with the 60s models, but the 50s and very early 60s tend to hold more value for sure. Like already said, nothing will be cheap to replace. I can tell you from the '59 we have done a lot of work on, finding parts is not fun, they are very expensive, even as worn out pieces that need to be rebuilt.
Make sure all the trim and bright work is there and make sure everything works.

Also, I share the opinion of this may not be the best bet for a teenager or young driver. My shop does restoration work, and I have had a number of customers buy classic cars for their kids, they are cool as hell, but are horribly unreliable and horribly expensive to repair. Then factor in paint/body work for any mis-haps. As an occasional fun car, go for it. As a daily driver, only means of transport, something that he would have to pay to maintain, I wouldn't consider it for a second.

Just my .02 cents, and if he has another vehicle then it would surely be cool. Just keep in mind it will be expensive to repair.

Back