Any good deals on trailers right now?

What he said. That is great news to hear, Ill be looking for a 28-32 foot goose sometime in 2013 lol

Really? Only 4700? My uncle has a dual axle utility trailer from T&W. Nice trailer. I'll have to give them a call!

Yep...only $4700. I could not find a used one for that when I was looking. His prices do flunctuate some with the cost of steel but you won't find a better price.

John, what kinda specs on that trailer? Width? Deck height? Neck height adjustment? Any idea on the empty weight of it? I'm leaning towards an equipment trailer over a flat bed/deck over. I'd like to keep any weight I haul as low as I can. I also don't want to get a trailer and in a few trips start wishing I had gotten a longer one. I'm sorta leaning towards 24 ft, but it'll be in the 24-28 ft range.

I may have to get an extended height neck. Last I remember, the bed of my truck is 40 or 42 inches high.

Last edited:
I called Kraftsman, talked to a guy named Matt if I remember right....

Asked him a crap load of questions, he had an answer for them all. Quoted me roughly 4200 for an extended neck height, lowboy equipment style, 24 footer with LEDs, spring assist ramps, a spare, and a covered tool box.

He also said they haven't adjusted their prices since February 2011 and that they have about 150 trailers on order right now so it could be up to 8 weeks wait. I'll be ordering one as soon as I sell my extra truck.

I added the LED Reverse lights and the sealed wiring harness. The back-up lights are great, and the sealed wiring harness uses butt connectors and heat-shrink versus the standard scotchlocks; it should save you some trouble. I went all LED as well, as I got tired of replacing halogens on my previous trailer. I think you'll be happy.

Me too. I'm pretty picky about certain things on a trailer and they seemed very willing to make it to my exact specs. I'm pretty anxious to get a trailer of my own finally. Now I just have to find some decent "west coast" mirrors for the old K30.

John, what kinda specs on that trailer? Width? Deck height? Neck height adjustment? Any idea on the empty weight of it? I'm leaning towards an equipment trailer over a flat bed/deck over. I'd like to keep any weight I haul as low as I can. I also don't want to get a trailer and in a few trips start wishing I had gotten a longer one. I'm sorta leaning towards 24 ft, but it'll be in the 24-28 ft range.

I may have to get an extended height neck. Last I remember, the bed of my truck is 40 or 42 inches high.

Axles = #7000 EZ-lube
Width = 8' from rub rail to rub rail
Deck height = 36"
Neck Adjustment (coupling)= Standard 3 or 4(?) holes
Neck = Straight neck 3" higher than normal
Empty = have no clue but an educated guess would be #4000 - #4500

Low boy or deck over debate. I really wanted a low boy to begin with but my friends convinced I would like a deck over better and I very glad they did. You've got more deck space, it's much easier to load / strap down your buggy, you have a nice flat sun deck, easy to cook off of when your standing on the ground and best of all....you're not cleaning out ditches with the right side so it's a lot easier on tires. Another plus is the option is to mount side boxes under the deck on the sides or storgae under the deck in general.

Hope this helps.

Bottom line is this:

Is a PJ or Hudson a better built trailer? Probably but I'm not pulling 25,000 miles a year either. For recreational use, T&W is the best deal.

I'm gunna call T&W in the morning. I like what I've heard from Kraftsman, plus Kraftsman is closer to me than T&W. Not a huge deal though.

Edit: If I do go with a "lower" trailer, it'll probably be somethin like the one Hano posted the link to. Not flat, but just a small fender bump and the tires aren't sticking out farther than the width of the trailer. I'd like something between 24-30" deck height with a dovetail to make loading my tractor or vehicles a little easier.

Last edited:
[QUOTEwww.redhotwelding.com][/QUOTE]

I will second this one. Great guy and very good to work with. I had him put new axles under my 37 year old 18' steel deck trailer and he did a great job for a fair price and on schedule. He rebuilt the suspension as well but swapped over the brakes and hubs onto the new 3500 lb dexter axles. I suggest you have him custom build you a trailer.

Kraftsman does build a great trailer. Here is mine with the drive over fenders. They made them from 10" Channel and put cleats on them.
TonkatoyTrailer2.jpg
tonkatoyfender4.jpg

I had Kraftsman build me a 21' steel deck with rub rails and 5200lb braking axles to haul my jeep and razor. With LED lights 6 drings and 8klb jack it came out to like $3200.00 The trailer pulls great unloaded and i can hardly tell its there once it gets some weight on it. Must of been a slow time of year because they turned it in 1 1/2 weeks. Been a great trailer so far.

I just bought a 16' Kaufman dovetail steel deck on clist for a good price. Nice trailer even at 7 years old but I'm new to rig hauling.

Got my 18' Kraftsman car trailer a couple weeks ago. Extremely pleased with it but only got to pull it once so far when my truck broke down in Chapel Hill. Handled my Chevy 1500 on it with no problems.

Back