any cablevision people here

BigBody79

I have a cablevision question. our house does not get cable. the i can see about 10 houses around us that do get cable. one is about 100 yards the others are about 150-300 yards. They say it is too far for our house to get cable.
How does cablevision work? I mean it has to go miles and miles from the 'sub station' but they can't make it go another 300 yards from the road to our house? How can I convince them that 1 house is worth hooking up? Any body had similar experiance?

The close house is close enough that we get there wireless highspeed internet, but we would like to get cable tv. (my wife doesn't like the fact that the channels on direct tv don't go in order)

I'm not an expert and can only speak from experiance but I grew up in the back woods of NH and up there they would only run cable down roads or to neiborhoods that had X# of houses that had requested it. If you were out of that range or were the only house on that road and your offered to pay whatever the costs would be for them to drop a line to your house they would do it. Technically I think they can only charge you for sevices and components from the box on the exterior of your house to your tv's. So they would be out what it cost them to run the cable from the nearist pole/junction to your house. I would offer to pay for everything from the pole to your tv's or just deal with direct tv. I hope this helps alittle and i'm not just wasting your time.

Back