Antirock length help

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
I am installing an antirock swaybar on my TJ. I need some guidance on how long the end link bar adjusters should be. I am apprehensive to cut any threads off, but I will if necessary. Can anyone post pictures of their links? I am trying to get a gauge of how level the arms should be on level ground. The instructions say ~9.5" eye to eye for a TJ on 4.5" of lift. Once I get it setup I will cycle the suspension to check for clearance, just trying to get close the first go round.

Also what hole do you have your link on for a mostly offroad rig.

My arms are level at ride height. All of the pics I have are not on flat ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My arms are level at ride height. All of the pics I have are not on flat ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Which hole on the arm are you using?

I do not run mine level. I measured by checking the imaginary length of the rod at the point where the arm interfered with something, then shortened that by the possible up travel (plus some fudge for bumpstop compression)

6f107186d666111d5f1ab58d0fed2ce8.jpg

As you can see, I run in the second stiffest hole on the street. No rear sway bar and it feels good. I did have to cut my links, but only because it's a stock height suspension.

This how my arm sits on level ground. Jeep has 4 inch lift. I believe it's in the second hole from the front of the jeep. I can get a better picture and length tonight when I get home.
49bd38e7e31d609f3963c8c33b9c06dc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I ran mine without cutting any threads off. Just tighten the rod ends down as far as they will go. Mine goes up at an angle all the way out at the last hole and I haven't had any issues with it set up like that. Running 2" lift springs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This. It's not rocket surgery. Honestly, interference from the tires rubbing on the arms and the links is a bigger issue. On one of my axles, a previous owner had a Swamper catch the arm while the tire was stuffed/turned, and cleaned the sway bar tab off of the axle.

Done and done, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 197
I'd shorten them. If you look at how they're set right now, the tire probably gets into the spring bucket when it's stuffed. When the tire is that high, the sway bar will be, too.

I'd shorten them. If you look at how they're set right now, the tire probably gets into the spring bucket when it's stuffed. When the tire is that high, the sway bar will be, too.

Good point. I didnt cycle the suspension yet, so that will probably prove you right.

To shorten them more I am going to have to cut some threads as that is with the joints tight as they will go

Back