Another U Joint Offroad van build

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Here is Supervan. This is the newest van to be built by us at U Joint Offroad. This customer from Florida called us looking for an all inclusive build that he can travel in, wheel and explore South America in.
This one's getting our 6" lift, new 60 front, 4.10's, ARB rear and Tru-Trac front. Rebuilt 4R110, NV271, onboard air and water, 16.5k winch, dual swing out carriers(one tire and the other a generator) and a bunch of other goodies.
You can see so far the suspension is done, gears are done, frame crossmembers are in and the onboard air and water mount/skid is nearly completed.
I'll update the build over the nest few days. Check out our website for more info and some great videos.

Here's how we got it last week.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan1.jpg

The start of the front suspension hangers
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan2.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan3.jpg

Front 60 is in. 100% new from hub to hub. 4.10's and a Tru Track
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan4.jpg

Rear 60 hung, suspension done. This was just before I finished up the ARB install.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan5.jpg

Here is the start of the onboard air and water mount/skidplate. You can also our frame crossmembers installed for additional reenforcement in the frame.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan6.jpg

Finally at the current stopping point awaiting the tranny/transfer case and some skid material.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_supervan7.jpg

More to come in the next few days.

very cool, can you tell us about the "bunch of other goodies"?

very cool, can you tell us about the "bunch of other goodies"?

It will be essentially a vehicle to explore in by day, cook, clean up and sleep in safely at night in the South American wilderness. So it is being outfitted to perform those duties. It will have a Luminess front bumper (picture bull bar esque, but 80 pounds) and a UJOR full coverage rear. You'll see the generator mount out back, the air and water systems are above the "spare tire" area under the rear. Some interior love is coming too. I'll wait for pics of that...

First post!!! And I couldn't ask for a better thread. :)

I'll clarify a few things. The tranny is a 4R110, sittin behind the good ol 7.3. The Aluminess front bumper & Warn 16.5 winch will be in tomorrow, and I'll be plumbing the OBA system that consists of a Warn VTC compressor & an additional 2.5 gallon air tank.

I'll shoot Jody some pics to update asap.

and who said vans where for soccer moms... this thing is awesome. that back bumper is awesome. is the bumpers off teh shelf deals? or custom

Looks sick! So it looks like y'all put OBA and OBW in the rear bumper along with an additional OBW tank. Does that water tank go above the rear skid or in the back of the van? Also, is the gas tank located above the rear skid?

Looks sick! So it looks like y'all put OBA and OBW in the rear bumper along with an additional OBW tank. Does that water tank go above the rear skid or in the back of the van? Also, is the gas tank located above the rear skid?

Fuel tank is in the stock location, but we did shorten it (we do this to all of our conversions due to the need for room). The bumper does house all of the outlets for the OBW and OBA. The skid is where the pumps are mounted.

Back