It’s a 383 Chevy built by Whites Performance. It is well north of 500 hp. The guy I bought it from also bought the matching 700R4 trans. The sound coming out of those Sanderson zoomies is intoxicating! When he fired that thing up I said SOLD!! I can’t wait to take the wife for a Sunday afternoon ice cream run.
And the shar eye will notice the CJ5 in the background. That is my brothers Jeep that I will restore for him so look for a build thread on it soon. It only has 53k miles on it and spent its entire life on a ranch in Texas. Has the 304 V8 in it with a 3 speed. Going to restore the suspension, frame, repaint the under hood area and tub but leave the patina on the outside.
They say admittance to a proble is the first step to recovery. I’ve got a serious problem but not looking for a cure.
Decided to play around with the T-bucket today. I couldn’t bet the rear bed to bolt up to the body because the coil over shocks were hitting the inside of the bed. So out comes the air saw and 3” grinder.
There is still some work to do but was able to get it all back together. Now I will make a cardboard gas tank and figure out where everything will go for that.
That is my 51 Merc. I built it for my dad to enjoy as it was always his dream car but would never buy for himself. So I hooked him up! I had to bring it home to do a little engine work. Hope to take it back to him this summer.
And it has plenty of engine to move it down the road.
It started off life as a 460 BBF truck motor and we went up from there. It dynoed 535 foot pounds of torque at 3500 RPM so it can get out of its own way. I’ve scared the crap out of Big Holley on more than one occasion. He says I have to install and oh shit bar before he will ride in it again.
Sunday is usually my t-bucket tinker day. Today I was trying to figure out my gauge placement. If you look at the picture there is a dark line to the left of the gauges and that is where the center line of the steering column will be. The gauges are only 1 inch apart. My other idea was to build a panel and drop the 4 smaller gages down below. The darker lines on the cardboard would be the actual profile of the panel.
I have my steering column mount all put together. I have the top part tacked in place for now until I get he holes drilled for the steer clear and get it mounted. When I am sure everything will line up I will finish welding it up.