And so it begins....

Does this surprise you?

Every Detroit I've ever had was junk. We, several muddevils, broke 4 dana 60 detroits in one weekend at Harlan.
Not really. And on top of that it was in BJ Allens rig for a while also....

Does this surprise you?

Every Detroit I've ever had was junk. We, several muddevils, broke 4 dana 60 detroits in one weekend at Harlan.

Yup, time for lockright, ARB, or spool

Not really. And on top of that it was in BJ Allens rig for a while also....

That bad boy gave 10 years of service. 14T Detroits are usually pretty good but that's the 2nd I've seen broken lately. I've had excellent luck with the 14T ARB and it makes for good cutting brake fun. It sure helps getting a big ass wide Jeep through the woods.

That bad boy gave 10 years of service. 14T Detroits are usually pretty good but that's the 2nd I've seen broken lately. I've had excellent luck with the 14T ARB and it makes for good cutting brake fun. It sure helps getting a big ass wide Jeep through the woods.
Thats the plan.... Gotta get the coin now...

Thats the plan.... Gotta get the coin now...

That's a pretty inexpensive repair. Is it feasible to repair it then sell it to help fund an ARB?

Welded up the holes in the firewall, screwed the doors shut, mounted a catch can, mounted, swaped one of the harnesses and wired the pumper.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363465663.834397.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363465675.930041.jpg

looks good Snappy, alot of time,$,and labor..lots of great work there..Now go drive the thing smart and bring home a trophy! You are due and deserving!

Even with the solids I would connect it to your highsteer arm. Be hard pressed to break it then. Have not been able to touch mine after doing it.

Quoted for posterity :flipoff2:

Need more gas for the Harlan race so 22 gallons will help make more laps...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383569666.292377.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383569679.608193.jpg

Also got 6 new ujoints and a new carrier bearing, new steering ram, oil change, coolant flush, trans flush and a good greasing.....

We cut a hole in the rack... You will have to move the bag to fill it but it will work for this race....

Snappy. Make sure you roll that steering cylinder all the way back and aim the hoses right. At full bump the bottom of your radiator will hit them how they are now. I've cycled that thing 100 times and it's super tight in there. Glad to see you finally got that mount fixed. That clamp bs before wasn't cutting it :)

Sent from the MarsFab Off Road mobile response unit.

Oh ok. You're good then. Just wanted to be sure. It would suck to do all that and bust a line

Sent from the MarsFab Off Road mobile response unit.

Back