Air Fryers?

mommucked

Endeavoring to persevere
Well we got one fer cheap on amazon. First run tonight w chicken drumettes tossed w evoo and bbq rub. I have to say they are pretty darn good, although they may have cooked 5 mins. too long. The prep and cooking was too easy and the machine did not heat up the kitchen while sitting on the stove w the exhaust fan pulling the hot air away.
birdwing.jpg

birdwing1.jpg

We have one and I love it! Makes the best baked sweet potatoes. I haven’t tried wings yet, but I will be soon now.

I like to cut my own potatoe wedges, boil them for 4 minutes, toss in oil and seasoning and throw them in the air fryer for 10. They’re amazing.

Those prepackaged pork tenderloins are amazing out of the air fryer!

The smaller ones are like 375 for 15-20 minutes on each side. I always check the internal temp and adjust as needed. Sure, you can grill it faster, but they're realllly good and moist when they come out of the fryer :D We had one last night as a matter of fact!

What temp do you use on the air fryer for the fries? I'm attempting it with regular potatoes, because America.

Also do you put them in before the water is boiling or after?

Wait for the water to boil, then 4 minutes. Then it was like 15 minutes or so at 390

The book says to boil the potatoes for 45 minutes in salted water, then cut them and air fry as above, but I found I can speed it up the other way. However, they get a little sloppy and tend fall apart if handled too much prior to frying. I imagine doing them while for 45 minutes then cutting makes a nicer tater.

I have made sweet potatoe fries yet. But I coat whole sweet potatoes in olive oil, then put them in for 35 minutes at 360*. The skin of the sweet potatoe just slides right off.

I’m gonna try some wings this weekend.

Tried wings in the air fryer Friday night, they were amazing. I like them on the grill a tad bit more. But I may try them about 4-5 minutes longer in the air fryer next time. Perfect for when it’s raining or you just don’t feel like grilling. At the moment I’m hooked on wings with nothing but regular ole Lowry’s season salt.

Back