ABS light on 97 Ford 7.3

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
4wd 1997 5sp ccsb tow rig

Pulled a neighbor out of their yard yesterday. No biggie did a little spinning at low rpm and out came the POS Kia. Afterwards I noticed my ABS light was on. Turned off the truck for a few and then back on. The ABS light comes back on just as the EBPCV cycles.

I haven't taken it to get the code ran yet.

Anyone have a clue as to why it's on now and hasn't been on prior?

Inspection is due soon and I need to address the issue

Thanks in advance NC4x4!

Not sure why that happened but I just unplugged the ABS module behind the glove box in my truck to get the light to turn off. Of course it was making my speedometer bounce and the cruise wouldn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abs light does not apply to inspection.. yet. Actually your ses/cel doesn't matter either being Diesel and over 6800/7500# whatever it is medium/heavy duty vehicle minimum weight..

But to answer your question, does the abs pump run?

Rear sensor was most common, followed by front sensor, and finally pump/module.

Unless it's a dodge charger, then module was told on the list.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I'll change the rear sensor out. It went out about 6 years ago and the speedo acted crazy when it happened. Haven't seen that symptom this go around.

Thanks for the input fellas!

If the truck/vehicle is over 8500# you only have to do a safety inspection.
Most E/F250, 2500, Diesel etc, vehicle are >=8600#, meaning dash lights ok....
Yes, for Wake County.
YOU have to bring it up if you go to a chains store, not so much at a mom/pop place. (My experiences, i learned this hard way)

You can run the ABS codes from the vehicle. I don't remember how, but I know it's possible. That truck should just have a RABS valve on the frame below the MC.

Based on the speedo being weird, I'm betting rear diff sensor.

Back