AAA or GoodSam ?

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
AAA or GoodSam ?

For my van (E350) AND my trailer.
I see they both offer 'Platinum Service' which does cover a utility trailer,
BUT not a 'car' trailer or even a 'horse' trailer.
I was a member of AAA and just recently a member of GoodSam's
Why do they need to be vague with the trailer type?
I called up GoodSam to ask them, and they were not helpfully at all,
say if i had a 'Sport Trailer and a Utility Trailer', I'd be all set......
Am i missing something?
What gives ??????
(I really don't like to lie to them.)

Be careful with AAA and a 1 ton vehicle. I had it years ago and specifically asked if my SRW F350 was covered and was told yes. When I needed it they said it wasn’t covered and I needed to buy the RV policy for my truck.

I was not pulling a trailer.

Be careful with AAA and a 1 ton vehicle. I had it years ago and specifically asked if my SRW F350 was covered and was told yes. When I needed it they said it wasn’t covered and I needed to buy the RV policy for my truck.

I was not pulling a trailer.

Had this same issue and asked to speak to a manager. Had to argue with them and threaten to pull all of our work trucks out of the AAA program. They finally relented. It is certainly something to make sure you cover and record in some way. I was in a tight spot at the time and it really ticked me off.

Had this same issue and asked to speak to a manager. Had to argue with them and threaten to pull all of our work trucks out of the AAA program. They finally relented. It is certainly something to make sure you cover and record in some way. I was in a tight spot at the time and it really ticked me off.

I cancelled on the spot and asked for a refund. I finally did a dispute with my credit card to get my $ back since they didn’t want to do a refund.

Piss on those asshats. Never again.

Whats wrong with just calling a towing service if you need it? Why prepay for something you might not even use?

Why prepay for something you might not even use?

That's where I'm at

We have AAA for the kids. It's already paid off. But curious what benefit I'd gain from pre-paying for my tow rig. Unless they would come get my truck/slide-in/trailer/Jeep on the back side of Tennessee and tow it all the way to my house for free

Good Question.... I do not know...

Things that i did, aren't the same, as i once did. :/
I used to, traveling up to NY that i only need a membership card vs have to know every single towing service.
Times have change a bit.
I do know that, both have said (in writing, pamphlet) they will tow/servest a dual tire rig, w/ 'RV Platinum' services.
(Unless it in writing I don't believe a person who is on the phone.)
Note: I am fine for changing tires, maintenance, but the unknown stuff, that i can't plan for.
What do you guys do, for long distance trips ? (+6 hours)
'The RV + 16' Trailer'
?????? Still baffled......

If you have a big RV that takes a service truck to change a tire, I guess I could see the value in having it for roadside service if it was reasonably priced. Towing to a RV specific dealer isn’t likely 10 miles down the road, but rather 100+ miles. It may be beneficial for peace of mind. Kind of like SeaTow for us boat owners.

Whats wrong with just calling a towing service if you need it? Why prepay for something you might not even use?
You know the best towing service in every town you may ever possibly break down in? How much it should cost? Cash up front? Hassle with payback from Credit Card service? Best place to take your car for service in every small town? Many people want the peace of mind, tow from anywhere up to 100 miles. That, and they will change a tire (or your wife's or daughter's) on the side of a busy highway. Or bring you gas.

Decent insurance for $100 a year. One tow puts you well over $100.

Most everyone prepays for something they may never use.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You know the best towing service in every town you may ever possibly break down in? How much it should cost? Cash up front? Hassle with payback from Credit Card service? Best place to take your car for service in every small town? Many people want the peace of mind, tow from anywhere up to 100 miles. That, and they will change a tire (or your wife's or daughter's) on the side of a busy highway. Or bring you gas.

Decent insurance for $100 a year. One tow puts you well over $100.

Most everyone prepays for something they may never use.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I dont but google does.
AAA made sense pre internet

Sure one tow covers $100. Ive had 2 vehicles towed in the past 15 years. One I paid the guy $75. The other was an accident and the tow bill was covered by the insurance company.

Oops forgot 1. Make that 3. I paid the one guy $100 to pull me 6'. @rockcity will remember that one. Still if you arent having a tow EVERY YEAR it wont save you money.

BTW, I know about 5 local guys who run tow services (we use them in our business for contract hauling using a roll back) all will tell you that a AAA call gets charged more and prioritized lower because its so hard toet their money.

well... my story;

Few years ago, Memorial Day weekend, Sunday. Had a wiring fire in my Class C outside of Marion. Lucky I had a friend who came from Lincolnton and got the trailer and rig for fuel and another friend in the recovery business came out on that Sunday and towed it back to Hickory for 100.00! Very Lucky. He said it would have cost 400.00+ for about anyone to come out on a Memorial Day Sunday to tow that distance.

And two years ago...made it 25 miles from Golden Mountain (for Dixie Run), when the Camper quit running on the freeway. It cost me $400 to have my class C towed to Golden Mountain @ 11:00 at night. (Luckily had someone at the park that came and got the trailer and rig!) I was lucky to been able to fix it at the park and drive it home.

Guess if you stuff is new, it may not be worth it. But if your stuff is aged, like mine...might be good insurance to have that service available.

I reckon i'ts the same as all insurance. It's a waste of money... til you need it!

I haven’t looked at specifics but I added unlimited roadside assistance with towing to both my truck and my wife’s car State Farm insurance for a little more that $1 a month.

When I added that a few years ago, I remember it covering flat tire, fuel, dead battery, lockout service and towing if necessary. Upgraded from 60 mile, to unlimited that was a price difference of about $ .60 a month.

Not sure specifics of hauling a rig on a trailer and needing to use it. It was mainly for peace of mind with my wife traveling for work.

The one time I actually needed AAA and they denied me, it cost me a mere $45 to tow my F350. For the cost of AAA, I’d have to get towed more than a few times a year for it to be worth it.

AAA only covers you running out of gas, not diesel. So keep that in mind if you drive a diesel. ;)

AAA will also put your spare tire on for you. But you know what, if you can’t figure that out yourself, well, maybe you should start carrying a man purse too.

AAA will also put your spare tire on for you. But you know what, if you can’t figure that out yourself, well, maybe you should start carrying a man purse too.

Got a flat on my car. The lug nuts were seized on. Nearly bent the dinky lug wrench. Hand to call the road side service to get the tire changed.

Got a flat on my car. The lug nuts were seized on. Nearly bent the dinky lug wrench. Hand to call the road side service to get the tire changed.

For things like that it makes sense, but it’s not very often members of this board would need that service.

Also, many times your insurance company already provides you with this service or will for like $20/year or less.

IIRC, they WON'T change a tire on a DUALLY truck either...
"Tire Service
If your vehicle’s spare tire is inflated and serviceable, it will be installed to replace a flat tire. If an inflated spare is not available, the vehicle will be
towed in accordance with the towing provision. AAA cannot change inner tires on dual-wheeled trucks."

" AAA cannot change inner tires on dual-wheeled trucks."

So, they can take lugnuts off to change the outer tire, but some cosmic force/ignorance keeps them from touching the inner?

Would love to hear their reasoning/excuses on this, but in the end, it's just 1 of 50 reasons I dropped them...

So, they can take lugnuts off to change the outer tire, but some cosmic force/ignorance keeps them from touching the inner?

Would love to hear their reasoning/excuses on this, but in the end, it's just 1 of 50 reasons I dropped them...

It’s the same reason they can deliver gas but not diesel if you run out on the side of the road.

Well today, I found verbatim in 'Good Sam Platinum+ Roadside Assistance' it clearly says,
(not 'Auto Roadside Assistance') anyways.....
'Plus Non-Receational Vehicles:'
#4 'Sport Trailer, Utility Trailer, Cargo Trailer and Car Trailers'
it says that you must also own them, blah blah blah....
I have it, and printed it out.
I am ok with them not bring me fuel or them not touch the inner wheel, it just the unknown stuff.
Like a box of roof nails slide off a pickup trucks, and i happen to get stabbed, that kind of stuff.....
link......
Platinum
"https://images.goodsam.com/goodsamroadside.com/pdf/2017/Platinum MBB web.pdf"
and... Platinum Plus
"https://images.goodsam.com/goodsamroadside.com/pdf/2017/Platinum_plus_MBB web.pdf"
:/

Was looking for something to cover my mdt and it appears that usrider will.

Also states it will change duals

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Back