a shop that should not be in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Studnuts -

I can only judge from what I have seen in this post. But from my perspective I would like to point out some things.

I seen the pictures which you do not deny is your work. Those are very bad angles to mount the axles in. The fittings hidden where you cannot grease them is an amatuer mistake. And the welds I have seen are not "Proffessional Shop Quality".

You can blast Mike all you want. But you are the one to claim you are professional. Your attitude in this thread towards a former customer and potentially new customers is attrociuos.

I am working on a few projects in my yard now. In fact I stood Mike up this weekend from picking up a jeep tub. But I had a ball joint problem that I could not allow to go on much further. That being said I am in the market over the next year or so of buying a buggy or having one built. Your proffessionalism on this matter lacks common customer service decency.

I am just one speaking up on the matter. I am sure there are others reading this and not saying anything. I understand people want things done on the cheap, however I do not feel Mike is one of those guys. I have talked with him on the phone and he seems to be the kind of guy to pay what a job is worth and looks out for things being done right. The details he gave me about the Jeep tub were more than most people have given me about other parts.

In all honesty I hope you make this right with Mike. Your business future on this board and others could depend on it. Businesses makes mistakes. All of them do. It's not the fact if they make mistakes or not but it's how they handle the mistakes that shows people if they should be doing business with them or not in the future.

Mark aka 73-cj5

So there's a few things I saw.. Mike, I can understand you're mad...but.

1. Pinion angle on the rear - If your lower links bent like you said, your pinion angle will get "adjusted" for you - the lower link becomes effectively shorter, which rolls the pinion up.
  2. Pinion angle on the front - Were you willing to accept the shitty caster that would come from pointing the pinion at the case up front? Without doing a cut & turn (which I've seen less than a handful done on 60's), it's either u-joint angle or caster.. you pick. u-joint angle can be dealt with, caster will make it drive shitty.
  3. I have the frame side zerks on my lowers flipped upwards to where I have to drop the link to grease it, but from the marks on the joint housing, those zerks would have been gone a long time ago. I wouldn't necessarily say those should have been pointing down on the axle end of yours, either. looks like it could get broken off if you drag the axle tube over a rock..
Not taking sides, just pointing out what I'm seeing.

[*]Pinion angle on the rear - If your lower links bent like you said, your pinion angle will get "adjusted" for you - the lower link becomes effectively shorter, which rolls the pinion up.

You have to put a pretty big bend in a link/tube to chage it's efective length, even bending in the bender. All mine were bent, did not change pinion angle.

You have to put a pretty big bend in a link/tube to chage it's efective length, even bending in the bender. All mine were bent, did not change pinion angle.

Gotcha.. I was just thinking that might have accounted for it.. Oh well..

I didn't look that close at Mike's Bronco when we were at Callantee, I just remember it being a low-rider in the back... Guess that explains why the hood was off, I just thought it was a Ford thing.. since they're broke so much, it would save him the time of having to open it.. :flipoff2:

Gotcha.. I was just thinking that might have accounted for it.. Oh well..

I didn't look that close at Mike's Bronco when we were at Callantee, I just remember it being a low-rider in the back... Guess that explains why the hood was off, I just thought it was a Ford thing.. since they're broke so much, it would save him the time of having to open it.. :flipoff2:

Hah :lol::lol:

Stupid Fords, go buy a Z71 and end all your problems in life :driver::flipoff2:

Sorry I have nothing of actual value to add here . . . . :shaking:

Looks like crummy work to me. Damn...

I wouldn't necessarily say those should have been pointing down on the axle end of yours, either. looks like it could get broken off if you drag the axle tube over a rock..
[/LIST]Not taking sides, just pointing out what I'm seeing.
hey rich thanks for the reply. my zerks are all on top and cant drag on a rock. they should have been just a little forward so you can get a grease gun on them . they would still be on the top and safe from rocks. and wouldnt have to be removed everytime you wanted to grease them which is a lot of times.

thats funny:lol:. thanks for the laugh i needed it. :beer:

I am working on a few projects in my yard now. In fact I stood Mike up this weekend from picking up a jeep tub. .
Mark aka 73-cj5
thats fine , im not worried about it. things come up and sometimes its hard to keep your plans. if you still want the tub its here and i can hold it for you . just let me know. thank you.

Well it is time to Close the thread.

Your point has been made, so there is no more need for e-name calling, etc..

if you have an issue please PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back