A Harlan to remember

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by 77GreenMachine, Jan 28, 2020.

1. cufor98

cufor98 Well-Known Member

I tell ya....with "friends" like y'all....

"this hobby is stupid" and apparently my jeep has gone from the "red raisin" to the "fainting goat".

Attached Files:

Andy J., jeepinmatt, Nakoma and 5 others like this.
  2. D2320M

D2320M Well-Known Member

I guarantee the red raisin is in full protest mode after last weekend. She ready to go back to mud boggin'

3. cufor98

@D2320M Hell naw....she's ready for Kairos next weekend with Coop! The goat better get with the program. I've already heard from the previous owner too. lol

edit: and by "kairos next weekend with Coop", that means "easier ride"...not full send fuel sender crushing dumbassity.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Infamous1 and rcalexander105 like this.
  4. UTfball68

UTfball68 Well-Known Member

I was gonna say something along those lines. You know where I’ve never flopped, in the mud. I’d rather clean mud for a month than buff out a tree branch scratch. If I ever stop being a bitch about my Bronco build, might have to see if I can grow some hair on my nuts and do some Phillips.

5. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

I thought you were smart'r N'at

o_O

Tim C, UTfball68 and rcalexander105 like this.
  6. cufor98

I got a beater so I don't care about scratches and dents, but I still hate mud. I was raised in that mess. Don't want it anymore. lol

7. UTfball68

You got the brains, I got the looks.

CasterTroy likes this.
  8. Tim C

Tim C Wizard

Man I started wheeling on local power line trails when I didn't know any better and it was basically all mud and washed out sand or clay gullies. I hate mud now. I'll gladly raisin the shit out of my junk on trees and rocks as long as I'm not chiseling clay and mud out of my junk truck every week. Replacing wheel bearings and brakes once a month gets old and expensive too!

77GreenMachine, Infamous1 and cufor98 like this.
  9. UTfball68

I think for me it has more to do with a lack of technical driving patience. I typically prefer to point, shoot and hold the f*ck on. I don't get pleasure from sitting there flexed out moving 6"/minute while wondering if today is the day that part I know I shouldn't be using is gonna shit the bed. I envy you guys that do, it really is poetry in motion...I just can't.

cufor98 and Tim C like this.
  10. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

Yeah let Chris build your heap, then go wheeling with him after :huggy:

Different strokes. To me, there's nothing more relaxing than an idle crawl thru a creek bed for hours

Lorenzo816, cufor98, Jason W. and 2 others like this.
  11. Ron

Ron Dum Spiro Spero Moderator

Im somewhere in between these days.
    I have zero patience for crazy cone dodging technical anymore.
    I love a good trail ride but thse can get boring.
    So give me a 30 minute obstacle every 30 minutes of scenic trail and its a great day.

I feel like windrock is probably the perfect balance here but I dont know the trails well enough. I end up with BOR-ING should have drove the camry to OH SHIT I need my buggy back with rear steer

12. UTfball68

I'd agree to that. I do still enjoy a nice easy-ish trail ride...and Windrock is really where I cut my teeth only being 45 mins from campus. So it 'formed' me, I guess you could say.

cufor98 likes this.
  13. paradisePWoffrd

paradisePWoffrd Recovering Project Junkie

check out rock bouncing... very similar. Look up some Busted Knuckle Trail Riding/Bouncing videos.... There are lots of trails and drivers that require more than crawling.

cufor98, rcalexander105 and UTfball68 like this.
  14. 77GreenMachine

77GreenMachine Phillip Talton

I just figured since @cufor98 flopped his, he kinda half way done things with his roll. I thought that was kind of weak sauce myself so I went ahead and finished his half roll, and added 1 complete one of my own.

In all seriousness, I got into that trail and realized it was harder than I felt comfortable doing not being my own Jeep, so I decided we better turn around. I made a poor choice in where I chose to turn around and dumped it. We laugh, but I feel horrible about it. I’ve apologized 100 times to Alan. Luckily we weren’t hurt, and I literally just added a few dents to the fender and hood. It could have been so much worse, and when I showed Alan this pic, his concerns about the Jeep went away and he was just glad I was ok.

159F590D-5286-4A1D-B59F-03A6BEC40114.jpeg

That tree broke off all jagged like and the stump was all where my shoulder and neck was supposed to be. It could have been a lot worse. Once the Jeep was uprighted and we got it back to camp, it really set it and hit me on how lucky I was.

15. cufor98

Could have been much worse, which sums up the whole trip. Glad y’all were ok.

We’d have wrassled over this if you wouldn’t have been snugglin up with tigerking. Afraid I might have caught something.

16. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

I didn't appreciate this picture on my phone. Looking at it on my monitor here in the office....:eek:

The Lord was looking out for you on this one

17. D2320M

D2320M Well-Known Member

It was a sketchy roll....ask me how I know! Just glad we walked away from it.

Jason W., Chris_Keziah and cufor98 like this.