A Harlan to remember

I think you're right. But I'm not sure how spectator friendly it is. Lots of trees etc.

The photo makes it look easier than it is, and the exit is really steep. Definitely wait for a warmer time/less water on the ground.

I think you're right. But I'm not sure how spectator friendly it is. Lots of trees etc.

The photo makes it look easier than it is, and the exit is really steep. Definitely wait for a warmer time/less water on the ground.
Oh yea, I totally agree this picture doesn't do it much justice. Decent spot to watch at the top from what I remember though (at least this past summer it was).

I will say that this was probably the best Harlan trip I've ever been on. Had an absolute blast and can't wait to go back and do it all over again.

Also on behalf of @BigClay I'd like to thank @77GreenMachine for putting this together :flipoff2:

Man I hate I missed this trip. This write up is awesome @77GreenMachine. I will say though, as I read through the section talking about winching on Mason Jar, all I could think of was @Nakoma going on his rant about the plan for the last time we were there. "We're gonna go up there, and get stuck. Then we'll pull cable and get unstuck" haha

Man I hate I missed this trip. This write up is awesome @77GreenMachineall I could think of was @Nakoma going on his rant

:lol:

Nakoma was in super rare form on this trip. My sides have never hurt so bad :rockon:

About the only thing better than being around a fire with your buds after a great day on the trail, is being in a warm house around a table that seats everyone and hearing stories as a group. Everyone can hear, everyone is focused on the same conversation and everyone has beverage of choice shooting from their nostrils :lol:

I was skeptical at first, but it truly WAS a much better experience

Great write up! Thanks for taking the time. We used to go up there on New Year's every year. Well.... for at least 3 or 4 years in a row. Sloppy is an understatement for some of those trails.

Yes @BigClay thanked me for putting the trip together so many times I finally told him to stop or he wouldn’t be invited on the next one.

Phillip, I just wanted to thank you for getting this trip together :flipoff2:

Great write up, I hope to go this year, Harlan is definitely a favorite.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Phillip, I just wanted to thank you for getting this trip together :flipoff2:
And for taking a swig of dip juice. Woke the wife up lmao while reading this on the couch the other night!

Solid write up ! Nice !

I want to try that land slide really bad, I think we even talked about it :

09da8229-841d-4729-a66d-5a6b7fb96802-jpeg.310991

Is this right below lower rock garden? Basically the "road" is directly up from that waterfall on the right (good spectator area)?

That is in Fish Fossil. I looked at that this summer and wondered if anyone had tried it. So the tree on Mason Jar is gone now too. I would think that whole line will disappear and wash out.

As long as the line over both big rocks on Mason Jar is accessible, everything is good.

Only saw 1 person make that one. Buddy of mine with a badass buggy and even badasser driving skills.

Last edited:
Back