'97 PSD oil leak

orange150

My F-250 has been leaking oil for quite some time now, but since it has gotten cold out I have noticed a larger leak out of the front. It seems to only happen during very cold starts, any ideas of what it could be? These pictures were taken after it had been idling for 5 minutes or so. The leak slows/stops after it has warmed up.. I'm fearing my PSD's days are numbered...

Not sure if there is a blow by, it's all flowing from the drivers' side of the cross member though, here are some more crappy pics if you can make sense of them...:

Could the oil be coming from whatever that is at the top of ^ that image... right below the coolant down pipe. Gah this is making me realize how little I know about that motor.

Might be the low pressure oil pump leaking. That's where mine was leaking from and the mechanic said that is a common problem on the 7.3's.

Might be the low pressure oil pump leaking. That's where mine was leaking from and the mechanic said that is a common problem on the 7.3's.

Where is that located?

I guess I'll have to search,

There are four plugs on a powerstroke located at all four corners of the engine in the head. They are a very common leak location. They now have a new style gasket that fixes the problem. This could be the problem.

Ahh thread revival; basically forgot about this until today when I started my truck on this first cold day of the year and this leak reared it's head.
I have in the past month and a half (!) diagnosed and fixed the common dip stick tube adapter leak, am currently chasing/waiting on parts for a hpop leak and now this guy has come back since it's cold out.

Ill check into the lpop and the four "plugs" while I'm at it

Any other suggestions?

Back