'93 ZJ

93redzj

Well here it is, im still in the process of getting it where I want it. Just got the lift installed, hopefully getting some 33's by the weekend to throw on. Ive got a hybrid 6.5" lift on it, consisting of Rustys coils, some coil spacers, all 8 adj. control arms (Teraflex and an unkonwn brand) shocks from rustys, RE front adj. trac bar, I believe JKS rear adj. trac bar, and custom sway bar end links made by Andy at the rockshop. I plan on swapping out the rearend within the next couple of months and would like to jump up to 35's but havent made a decision on that yet. Heres some pics of its progress so far:

The Jeep still somewhat stock.

Here its lifted 3" with 31's.

And heres how it sets now, 6.5" lift with tiny 31's.
Heres a link to a couple more pics as well: http://community.webshots.com/album/557325536FNsUma

unless I'm mistaking oyu for somebody else, why would you want to paint you jeep ugly OD green. The paint looks good in those pics, maybe needs a little buffing to bring it back to life.

Yeah im the guy who wants the OD Green, I like the color, and want to give it some "old school" character. I would like to do it up like an old military jeep, I know its not a wrangler, but how many Grands do you ever see done up like that? The paint isnt bad, its got its knicks here and there and the clear coat is peeling bad on the hood, I just want it to be different, but not in a multicolor :gay: way.

Yeah im the guy who wants the OD Green, I like the color, and want to give it some "old school" character. I would like to do it up like an old military jeep, I know its not a wrangler, but how many Grands do you ever see done up like that? The paint isnt bad, its got its knicks here and there and the clear coat is peeling bad on the hood, I just want it to be different, but not in a multicolor :gay: way.

I've seen several of the OD green ZJ's. None in person, several online though.

Ive not seen any in person either, the only one ive seen is the one I believe you posted in my thread about the paint job, I cant remember what forum it was from, Mallcrawlin? Anyway, thats what I want to do, not just the color, but the numbers and all.

The ride really isnt all that bad. It does tend to wander a little though. I may end up trimming the fenders if I decide to go with 35's. Ive got no problem with the front, but the rear im a little worried about mainly becuase of the pinch welds which hold the fenderwell portion of the rear together, if anyones got any ideas on how to trim the rear any input would be greatly appreciated.

The ride really isnt all that bad. It does tend to wander a little though. I may end up trimming the fenders if I decide to go with 35's. Ive got no problem with the front, but the rear im a little worried about mainly becuase of the pinch welds which hold the fenderwell portion of the rear together, if anyones got any ideas on how to trim the rear any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wooahh, 35's on stock ZJ axles?! Talk about breaking stuff. And you can trim the rear fenders easily, you just have to weld the seam back or rivet it.

Checkout mallcrawlin.com, specifically project urban assault vehicle under the jeep journals section.

Thats the reason its still a toss up on whether or not I want to run 35's. Urban Assault, thats Elliots ride right? I would probably go the rivet route mainly b/c I cant weld.

Yea, thats his. I'd stick with the 33's on an 8.8 and find an hp30 and wheel the piss out of it.

Back