93 XJ build

I'll be interested in where your 205 falls with that NWF box. Are you planning on flat belly? Clocking the 205 up? If you are you will be raising your seat if it falls where mine did.

The front of the eco box to the rear output of the 205 is approximately 22 inches. A stock np231 with slip yoke is 21 inches so I should be in a pretty good spot :D

New front crossmember in the works. I realized my frame is a tad tweaked. The OEM crossmember doesn’t line up with the old bolts. I had planned on using the original one just temporarily so I could bolt up the eco box and 205.

Aiming for maximum adjustability for the upper link. Plan on using the bottom two holes though...

499cf1940d3428995959fa1bda60e401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there.... have you thought about seat placement yet?

Been there.... have you thought about seat placement yet?

So the 205 is clocked pretty low. The top of the case is just a hair above flush with the floor of the XJ. If I spend some time on the seat bracket and maybe add a 1/2” spacer beneath it there shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll see how true that is in a few weeks ;)

I've done the same install before. Install the cases, patch the floor closely to the 205 and then run the passenger's side of the driver's seat mount up at a 45* to the seat mounting studs.

So the 205 is clocked pretty low. The top of the case is just a hair above flush with the floor of the XJ. If I spend some time on the seat bracket and maybe add a 1/2” spacer beneath it there shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll see how true that is in a few weeks ;)

My 205 if flat with the frame rail....

My 205 if flat with the frame rail....

Yeah my 205 will hang below the frame rail for sure. I am attempting a subframe style suspension so it will get a flat belly when it is all said and done. Not too worried about it.

I’ve been tired of lifting and taking down the 205 so I’ve been knocking out some other items that need attention. Pushed the steering box as far forward as it will go on the frame rail. Excessive frame plating to follow.

Still debating if the stock pitman arm has too much drop or not. At full stuff the tie rod and drag link are going to almost be touching.

3b258b7565aace4cea57a6df53317bcb.jpg

66dd6c355440e0acb210bb8d33510f6a.jpg

4c72b8234a22d2d05ab7acc3ae64172c.jpg

Also went ahead and chopped the passenger floor. Going to be threading the needle on the upper link for sure. Right between the frame rail and starter.

775ee1ab68e4401726a9d2d2a21240ee.jpg

Some update. Got to finish the suspension in the next few weeks. Almost done with the front. Ordered some angled axle lower control arm brackets to keep it easy.

Front chop chop

0110efbf02800eefd341367c74c05cab.jpg

8eccf6e5755b675adc0a88ab1fbf6a46.jpg

7702659dbc87ee85c5958ec93b85e8a3.jpg

This took way too long but it drops in with no fuss so I am happy. Definitely one of a kind.
88937f7de91879122d11b09130698430.jpg

What’s the clearance between the valve cover and the cross over tube? Any worry about drivetrain movement and the two contacting?

It’s around 3/8” clearance. Brown dog motor mounts really don’t move around that much IIRC. If I need the clearance I will switch to a metal valve cover and clearance it at the tube.

The towers and the cross brace are at maximum height under the hood. If I drop the hood, the hood rests on the towers and cross tube at the exact height it would be shut normally.

I was thinking any day now I’d see this go up for sale getting parted out :D

Maybe you can go wheeling by spring of 2023?

Time and money. It’s a killer. Moving into a house soon so I’ll have much more time free to work on this thing!

Back