9"

EasySteve

Okay I've got the rig back up and ready to test the new axles out, HP44 & 9". I have heard that after about 500 miles or so I am going to want to change the gear oil and from there I should be good. My question though is what oil have y'all been happy running, and is there even much of a difference? And how much oil should the nine inch take, just under the drain plug? thanks I know these seem to be random questions but I want to make sure I've got everything right before I put some miles on it.

I use the good ole coastal brand, 75/185 or 75/90 whatever is on sale. There is a difference in thickness and different additives co. put in. But other than that, dino juice is dino juice. If your a street queen, synthetic is the best - but very expensive.

When filling, park on level ground, fill till fluid comes back out the fill plug. Done.

are these new axles? or gears?
if so you need to break them in correctly
you need to do some easy all around driving.
city driving and highway driving. no real hard driving
for a little while any way.

I like to use good synthetic stuff since your only
talking a few more dollars but that's just me.
the synthetics don't break down as easy when you
overheat them or get water in them.

I've run synthetic since my father proved them to me
with five vehicles lasting over 350,000 miles each
and they were all still running when he got rid of them.

a few more dollars, where do you shop cause Id sure love to know. the autozone here has coastal for 1.99, the mobilOne synthetic is 12.99 - thats not just a few dollars.

StudNuts said:
a few more dollars, where do you shop cause Id sure love to know. the autozone here has coastal for 1.99, the mobilOne synthetic is 12.99 - thats not just a few dollars.

easy man........its just gear oil! :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

I dont run any gear oil in mine,it just leaks out anyways......

i use amsoil in my 8.8 but I can get a pretty good price on it. BTW bring that beast up to gboro, I wanna see the finished product.

The Autozone by me must have their pricing screwed up since Coastal synthetic 75W140 for my 8.8 was $12.99/qt. I have since gone to Kelly's Bars and Grilles where I can get Royal Purple synthetic 75W140 for $8.50/qt. I run the synthetic because that is what Ford recommends.

Back