'88 MJ

Spence

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2210_2364115977_db1341a384_o.jpg

figured it was time to post a pic of the MJ up here.

Just recently got done swapping the BA/10 for a 23 spline AW4, np 231 with SYE.

Other stuff its got
Scout d44 rear, welded
newer HP30 front, lockrite
35s, some skids, winch, plenty of dents, lots of cutting, more to come

i have a bender on the way, so it will soon have a cage and more complete bumpers hopefully.

will have it at DPG this weekend for only it's third trip out, first since the tranny swap.

Finally put it to use, huh? Looks ready for action - I really dig the MJ's.
Nate

Yep, that is your axle. I has been in the MJ since not long after i got it from you, but it has been a painfully slow and long build to finally get it wheeling.

Looking forward to seeing it in action Saturday! With your driving skills, lockers should make DPG a breeze!

Cant wait to get it out there and see what it will do on all those rocks that were just plain too much for the XJ. I just hope i can keep axleshafts in it long enough to have some fun. You gonna come on friday to camp, john?

I've got a buddy getting an 88 MJ to build, so I have one question. Are you on stock springs and lotsa sawzall, or is there some lift there? I like the stance of yours, low with the same size tire we're shooting for, for now.

Ive got a springover in the rear on stock springs, and somewhere around 4-5 inches of peiced together lift in the front.

Lots of sawzall, still running stock bumpstops so it has a bunch of travel. I did have to trim considerably more in the front after that pic to really fit the 35s. The good thing about the mj is in the rear there is no real structure to worry about like an xj, so cut away!

a couple pics from last weekend

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bvgncvnb (Medium).jpg
    bvgncvnb (Medium).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 500
  • fdsgsfd (Medium).jpg
    fdsgsfd (Medium).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 464
lets see that custom driver door !!!!

like 99ncxj said, if you ever see this thing with doors on again, they will be blue...... until i feel like shooting it with a coat of international harvester red

and im talking to the bank tomorrow, that cold cold ride home the other day pushed me over the edge, im going to have to get a tow rig......

Finally got the bender setup and got a little work done on the truck. The first thing i found out was that 160 lb. of quikrete wasnt gonna cut it......... after rigging it up to stay somewhat standing, i resumed bending some tube.
afarm3.static.flickr.com_2164_2458247056_74d0462f6f_o.jpg

The first project was a bumper, mainly to protect the corners(for reasons outlined photographically above) . Turned out pretty good for the first bends, not totally symmetrical, but close enough for this already crooked unibody jeep.

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2236_2458239560_96b0106288_b.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2219_2458241002_e83ca051fe_b.jpg

And just for fun, one of the MJ the day we brought it home, a couple years ago now.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3095_2446902673_9f565d8fe8_b.jpg

Back