84 toyota

Thumper

I have just bought a 84 yota extra cab SR5 4x4 and it is completely stock, I am new to rocks but not mud. I was wondering what you guys think i should do to it and what to do first for a truck I can trail ride and still play in the mud with.
I am on a tight budget too.

Thanks

for any decent 4wheeling, the first mod I'd make to an 84 yota would be to ditch the stock style steering and go with crossover type. It'll be safer on road, and less prone to breakage offroad. after that, it's lift, tires, winch and lockers. All of which would be good for both types of wheelin'

yeah it come with a warn 8000lbs and i got a spool for the rear, but what works better for the rear? 63's, ford 57's any other type of spring good for flexing?

Good Springs

In the for sale section a guy is selling some Allpro springs that should work on that truck, check it out.

I looked in the for sale and couldn't find them. I know alot of people around here with junkyards so i can get springs cheap. I would like to know what kind of springs work best.

yeah it come with a warn 8000lbs and i got a spool for the rear, but what works better for the rear? 63's, ford 57's any other type of spring good for flexing?

If its going to be a trai rig then go ahead and throw the spool in the rear.

63" springs for the rear
Stock Rears up front
Aussie locker in the front

that will give you a good starting point

thanks for all the help

Back