84 Toyota "Old Red"

That’s wild. I’m glad I got my stuff but they definitely browsed this thread. I got an email from them saying “nice truck” with a link to this page.

That’s wild. I’m glad I got my stuff but they definitely browsed this thread. I got an email from them saying “nice truck” with a link to this page.
Yeah I told them a local guy on nc4x4 got his twin sticks and shifter knobs so he must have trolled the page to find it

That was a damn chore.
8F5217A9-A4D2-4AD5-A6F4-05070A5B4E63.jpeg
4D2688C6-0355-4A2C-9084-81F336AC2B0F.jpeg

I put a red circle on the picture of the tail housing because if you don’t notch that and trim 1/4” from the 2wd/4wd shift rail, you’re going to have a bad time. Hoping by posting this anyone trying to do a single 4.7 Tcase behind a 3.0L will search and land here to ask questions. It was a bitch test fitting so many times to get it right.

...but damn it’s pretty tho, ain’t it!

I don’t see the use of 2wd low anyways in conjunction with twin sticks. Can anyone chime in for me?

I only have a single case in my tj, but use 2wd low all of the time. If you don't need 4wd on a certain part of a trail and don't have a selectable locker in the front, it helps make turning a lot easier. Just my experience.

I don’t see the use of 2wd low anyways in conjunction with twin sticks. Can anyone chime in for me?
When I had duals i ran in 2 low 90% of the time. Less strain on the clutch vrs 2 high and like said above being locked in the front can suck on tight trails where 4x4 isn't necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Power steering pump rebuild starts tonight. Well, kind of. The pulley nut is giving me a hell of a time. I’ve got Wd-40 on it and I’ll let it sit overnight before putting the impact on it for a second round of strong cussing.

I’ve read over most of the tech online for rebuilding a 3VZE power steering pump but if anyone has some pointers I’m all ears.

Ready for dual case. The new budbuilt looks empty with only a single.
View attachment 335945
This is actually a great idea. I have a BB tcase crossmember and didn’t even think about mounting a single case until I get by adapter for duals (ordered one on Black Friday and found out they were back ordered cause they sold out. Earliest would be end of feb so I got a refund). Guess I’m a dummy for not thinking of this.

Back