7th Annual URE Veterans Ride

Jason W.

Dysfunctional Veteran
Excited to announce! The Veterans ride is scheduled for November 9th - 12th.

This year the ride will be the best ever, we are going to do the most good for the as many veterans possible! We are working in conjuction with three outstanding LOCAL charities this year.

Gaurdian Overwatch
Patriot Therapy
True Patriot

These are all local North Carolina Non profit! Scott fields with Big Creek Rocks is the head event cordinator.

Gates will open around noon thursday through sunday at 5.

Volunteers are needed, to do that use the links that i have added.Join us for guided trail rides within the Grand Overland District and Bog Creek Rocks Trail System on Saturday. Camping will be available on site at the Uwharrie off Road Training Center.

We will be having a guest Key note Speaker, Gun Salute, and dedication ceremony, and raffle saturday afternoon.

Entry fee of 5$ per person covers your entire weekend of camping, and event.
If you wish to ride Grand Overland Or Big Creek there is an extra cost and will need to pre register on the links below.

This year has been a blessing on how the even has evolved. Myself and Josh have allways aimed to do the best event possible, being disabled veterans ourselves it has become a challenge to do that. With the help of Scott Fields, the Cagle family , and our charities the event will not just live on but forfill our dream of making a huge impact on the veteran comunity!

VETERANS.. This is an opurtunity to make life long conections to your brothers and sisters in arms, it is the same comradery that has allways been in your heart from the service. Please come out and Join us. There will be nearly unlimited open seats to trail ride and open hearts with no judgement!

NO MATTER ANY DISABILITY WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!

Last edited:
FB: Uwharrie Veteran's Day Ride
Web: Join us 11/09-11/12/2017 @ 4026 NC HWY 109 NORTH, UWHARRIE NC, 27371

FB: Uwharrie Veteran's Day Ride
Web: Join us 11/09-11/12/2017 @ 4026 NC HWY 109 NORTH, UWHARRIE NC, 27371

Use these links for more information , to sighn up to be a volunteer, and to pre register for Big Creek and Grand Overland.

The guided rides will fill up Quickly!!!!

Carolina Trail Blazers will also be offering guided rides in the forest on saturday for free. You still need a 5$ Pass from.the Eldarado outpost.

Last edited:
The best volunteer effort anyone can give is come out, meet veterans you have never met and lend an ear, talk to them hear there storie and show em an awesome weekend.

4drJk,s and other rigs with alot of room may be especially needed for vets with special needs or service dogs. If you have one and are interested please follow the link to fill out a volunteer form.

I shall be there. As a peace time vet, i have not dealt with the combat vets perspective.
Until they educate me.
Got a seat open in my rig for who ever needs it.
@Jason W. goes all out for this ride. I will do the same.
God Bless America!

Me and wife will be there can't wait to see y'all again sitting around the fires talking laughing and making good friends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This one has been on my ride calendar since the first one!

OUR WE DOING A RAFFLE THIS YEAR ALSO

Its been some years since Ive been to the event Jason,If you remember me lol. Just wondering though since I have a rzr sxs and not a rig anymore (thats not ready anyway) is that ok?

Generation after generation of American men and women have given special meaning to the term United States Marine. They have done so by their performance on and off the battlefield. Feared by enemies, respected by allies, and loved by the American people, Marines are a "special breed." This reputation was gained and is maintained by a set of enduring core values. these values form the cornerstone, the bedrock, and the heart of our character. They are the guiding beliefs and principles that give us strength, influence our attitudes, and regulate our behavior. They bond our Marine family into a total force that can meet any challenge.

HONOR: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A U.S. Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

COURAGE: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

COMMITMENT: Total dedication to Corps and Country. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made U.S. Marines the Warrior Elite. The U.S. Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force on earth.

Reaffirm these core values and ensure they guide your performance, behavior, and conduct every minute of every day.

(Re:Marine Corps Warfighting Publication 6-11)

Oooh Rah!

Back