6.7 Ford diesel loss of power??

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Truck is a 2011 with mini max and def/dpf delete. Dpf removed, etc.

Towing the boat, tensioner pulley broke and broke the belt. Struggled to get it to the side of the road and a mile back to the house.

Aside from the obvious steering and braking issues (and potential overheating) of driving without the belt, the truck ran great and normal. No loss of power, nothing.

Drive it 2 miles to my shop and had great power and was normal. Shop replaced tensioner pulley and belt, rotated tires, changed oil, did safety inspection. Done. They called and said all was good.

I go to pick up after hours today and the truck freakin sucks of any power. I floor the pedal in the parking lot and it barely reaches 1200rpm and is very lagging. Can't get more than 5psi of boost. Driving on the road, it takes 1/2 a mile to get to 50mph and shifts at like 3,000 rpm.

This is the first I've experienced this. Anyone experience anything similar? I might add that the technician locked the key in the truck with the alarm going off. About my only guess is maybe anti theft of some sorts? Wondering if they pulled the mini max to run a scanner and screwed up the programming?

Thoughts?

I do have to add that this weekend I did remove the DPF and muffler assembly as it had already been electronically deleted and was no longer of any use.

I drove the truck after and it drove fine without issue and drove great to drop it off for service.

The service center is NOT a Ford dealer so I doubt they could flash the ecm and foul up the mini maxx tuner programming.

^^ I could understand that if it happened gradually or while driving. It's too much of a coincidence that it was fine when I dropped it off and now it's got issues when I pick it up.

I'm pretty sure you have to pull the cab to change the oil.

R4tCEkZVlwK26G4P7O1rhYWbo3XOxGTqYEAUbTdh9Z4_a_CLZplxrUdS9Nj7vbebWtEt3Q0LSFpTgpNyuaV1zsc-Abr0PzXUEMMizNGos3-mkDKuEezBEk3nAbS2FhYZtCI6srWyQbAsMoXpFlO5_KOPZTKQpGZkMiG5BnXfSbDNHNe7dYwixcwYVwoOugIq5l0HZsTpCQakYxWP7nRaae1VN0cNY-rCHq4Uar3EgT7sTYG2ksMrVpR4lGIVHTF3ldpoDIkPPrc8j9Q6-Iqghs39pdsp9870d9gfJKcufohHVFzzg9GkdKUgJgvjseWvXoLssnnFnX15ckEACiYMYcyAhzUgMCMeDfb1n9Z7lbJK3Jie38lYRAGVYUXTvQ23Z9fadO-1XtqO6KVWd8cVC4pl4QNvpyVJseIMBQJv5J71v5trFxQvHGkERa5peW4dtsvxHosKFhUbXVo25o1GgK6aNNoSAezZXF8ClgOSWq4dVan_UbOxasVF4KgcJ55PueYe3ejtIkKeHRaAazQBJkdu674KgL7gHT71sGDmWQlbtqqNHAd1hybPh7xHF-ycjPiZH3IEPHQD38vnxk8cF7t-UvWtX7YSS_Yz7goF6wXR_3GgEg=w1320-h747-no

I'm not familiar with the Fords but you don't have to take off any if the intake to get to the filters or anything do you. It sound's like a lack of air or fuel. Could also be a security feature that puts it in a valet mode or something.

I'm not sure. I quit changing my own oil years ago so I have no idea if other things had to be pulled or not.

They may have had to pull some things to get to the tensioner pulley and belt but I'd bet it was mostly just a shroud or three?

They may have had to pull some things to get to the tensioner pulley and belt but I'd bet it was mostly just a shroud or three?

I'm no 6.7 tech, but I looked at the belt and decided that I didn't think I could change it by myself. There are only a couple of places from the top of the motor where you can see it at all.

Right. I'm thinking the short answer is that they had to take most all of that plumbing loose to get to the belt, and something didn't get hooked back up.

Right. I'm thinking the short answer is that they had to take most all of that plumbing loose to get to the belt, and something didn't get hooked back up.

That's what I'm hoping. They are crawling all over it at the moment to figure out what they did.

We got a 2011 at work all stock the hard plastic pipe going to intercooler cracked in the seam and wouldn't let it build boost

We have a 2012 at work all stock that had the same problem. Some hard plastic deal near the turbo busted. Maybe in the process they pushed on it and it broke? Ours just broke driving down the road.

I'm wondering if they reconnected the EGR wiring since its in the same general area. With my delete and programmer, I had unplugged it.

Truck is back to normal.

We all couldn't find anything wrong. So we just disconnected the batteries and reset everything. Now it's back to normal.

We are guessing it went to limp mode due to the alarm getting activated after the shop parked it for me to pick up last night. Also talked to Rudy's and they suggested to reset the programming but were unsure since it wasn't throwing any codes.

So, theory is it was the alarm and limp mode.

You said limp...
As in not erect and throbbing.
:eek:

Back