6.0 welded EGR cooler

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
The EGR cooler took a dump on my F-350 and I just gonna weld the cooler and be done w it.I have found the SS plug for the rear (up pipe end) of the cooler but not the EGR end.Are they the same plug and does anybody have a source for them?? What ive found was on ebay and probably Chinese junk.

They're not the same. The EGR end is a 2 bolt plate with a coolant bypass hose. Text me tomorrow. I may have be able to help you out. 828-691-5196.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Yeah I had saw the two bolt flange but I thought the plug was welded inside the cooler??

Yeah I had saw the two bolt flange but I thought the plug was welded inside the cooler??
So your wanting to weld the plug in the end of the cooler instead of removing the cooler all together? I would think you could just cut out a piece of metal to fit if thats what you are wanting to do.

if wanting to retain the egr visibly, cut a plate to match the gasket shape and use longer bolts and install the egr on top of it.
I don't believe the OP is talking about where the egr valve goes. I'm pretty sure he's talking about both ends of the cooler.

Haven’t got to work on it steady but I’m gonna try to get it done today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question for me is do I still try to do a block flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back