4WParts tire warranty ?

kcarroll

Anybody ever warrantied a tire through them? I have one friend that had no real problems getting a BFG MT that he cut at Tellico replaced. I am sitting on go, about to pull the trigger and order a set of Iroks. Everbody is willing to price match, blah, blah, blah but 4wp offers that free shipping if you buy their tire warranty.

Galloways has them in stock for $994(5) and 4WP has them instock and delivered for 1014(5). I don't have to have them today and $20 ain't a big difference. The warranty is looking like the decision maker for me. I've heard bad things/good things about both places, so that seems moot.

Anybody have an opinion?

:beer:

I had just a deep cut in my TRUXXUS and they replaced it because it went about an inch down the side wall. No questions asked, just pay for mounting...

i got the warranty on my iroks that came in yesterday :D

i know that ol studnuts has taken advantage of the program a few times

hell, even if you only use it once, it pays for itself almost, and with shipping on tires not being too friendly, it makes the deal even better

ask john m (studnuts on the board) about the 4wp tire warranty. he put huge cuts in all 4 of his 42 tsl's at the DPG a few months ago and got 4 brand new ones without any hassle. i think all he had to do was purchase the warranty on the new tires

Galloways pad balances, which will make a big difference if he drives on road...

Metto said:
ask john m (studnuts on the board) about the 4wp tire warranty. he put huge cuts in all 4 of his 42 tsl's at the DPG a few months ago and got 4 brand new ones without any hassle. i think all he had to do was purchase the warranty on the new tires
Oh Mr.Studnuts.......care to chime in here pal???
I dont think I would go anywhere else after seeing the tire warranty in action.!!!

Somehow I knew my name would be brought up here. I was actually surprised at the 4wparts warranty - I was expecting to have to haggle with them or throw one of my tempure tantrums. To date, Ive returned 5 42" TSLs under the tire warranty. I had no problems whatso ever, no questions asked. And I didnt return no little pin prick tires, the one had the sidewall just about ripped completely in half. No questions asked and the counter jockeys even came out and unloaded them off my truck.

You do have to purchase the warranty on the new tires that were exchanged.

Thanks for the info guys. Ordered them from 4WP and they are supposed to be here next week. Cha Ching :huggy:

kilby said:
So is that a flat price, or different per tire?

Its a percentage of the tire price. IIRC, its 10% of the individual tire price. Yea it adds up on your initial tire purchase, but if you ever need it it so pays for itself like in my case, the $100 for the warranty and a long drive to charlotte or $1300 for new tires.

StudNuts said:
Its a percentage of the tire price. IIRC, its 10% of the individual tire price. Yea it adds up on your initial tire purchase, but if you ever need it it so pays for itself like in my case, the $100 for the warranty and a long drive to charlotte or $1300 for new tires.

yep...that's it...a 10% charge...

Greg

Isn't there something in the warrenty about once they get beyond 50% tread life then its not free???

It's the same thing as prorated ... just spelled with emphasis ... lol... or don't you speak rednek? :flipoff2:
click me
If you really don't understand

FunkSkunk said:
what would 50% be on the MTRs then? (sorry I would like to get new ones, if mine are still at 50%)

you just need to find what the original tread depth is, and then measure what you have now...

they can be different for different sizes, so I'm not sure what they are new...

Greg

4wheelcakeholes

Fawk those fawking fawks! I will never order another part/tire/component from them again. :mad:

Do you guys know they have several hundred court filing against them? They are about to be taken down for fraudulent advertising. I am surprised that anyone has actually gotten them to replace a tire.

Well you have several people on this forum who got their tires replaced. I will admit my TRUXUS was almost new when I cut it. Maybe there are some problems determining what beyond %50 tire wear is. What is your source for the lawsuit info?

So if there's not a store near you have to pay shipping to get the dead tire back to them? I picture would be much nicer, but I can understand them wanting the old tire back.

Also, for what it's worth, if you order tires from them they will charge you a pallet fee. Do you think the tires come on a pallet? NO! Also, they state free shipping on all items over a certain $ amount. This is stated in bold right above the tire section. When you order your tires at the end they tack on shipping fees. When you ask them about it they will beat around the bush and say that free shipping doesn't apply to tires even though they advertise it as such. . . i could go on. . . .

Back